Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

On 2003-11-22 14:14, Barubary6 wrote:
    It doesn't. I'm talking about "truly" hacked Sealed J-Swords. Shop dupe copies of a legit can be unsealed too.
    -- Barubary
    Ok, thanks. Now just to get several confirms (3+ would be best).

If you have unsealed it the way meantioned above, please PM me.

But Baru, since you said you created a 29,999 kill Sealed J, doesn't that mean there that there is a way to hack one with a counter?

You'd have to be looking for the counter in order to hack the counter, methinks. >.> I'd imagine the way the game normally does it is to start the counter at 0 when Gi Gue finally drops one, and by hacking it out, you circumvent that, normally.

On 2003-11-22 14:28, Aurra wrote:
    But Baru, since you said you created a 29,999 kill Sealed J, doesn't that mean there that there is a way to hack one with a counter?
    Maybe the hacked ones have %'s, or at least room for %'s but still have 0/0/0/0, and thats where the counter info goes?

I doubt that. It wouldn't be too hard for them to add a counter on the end of the code for the weapon. Just look at some of the insane weapon specials we have, I mean, the HPunisher for one.

Well, it would have to be added at some point by the game, like right when it drops. I think. Since the only real difference in the life of a hacked weapon and a non-hacked one is that the non-hacked one was once never held by anyone and just appeared on the floor after an enemy's kill. Maybe at that point if the the weapon is a Sealed J-Sword the game sticks a counter on it.

And I'm curious, would kills still get recorded if it was untekked at the time?

Probably. ...and I just noticed something. The SJ randomly slows you. Might be a part of the counter, might be something else. (A punishment for trying to get a TJ? O.o)

John 3:16

I guess I need to start killing some Gi Gue's.

master of darkness

well i need a sealed J-sword...

to unseal it can you be on normmal?

On 2003-11-22 13:34, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
    Do you have to do the 23,000 kills in one sitting, or can you do 12,000 kills, turn off the Gamecube, then re-load and do 11,000 more?
    Storing an item in the bank is like quiting the game. The counter seems to be included in the weapon's data.

On 2003-11-22 14:32, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
    Maybe the hacked ones have %'s, or at least room for %'s but still have 0/0/0/0, and thats where the counter info goes?
    There's a good amount of room in the item data to store information like this. If the counter was stored there and they weren't meant to have percents, like with S-Ranks, there still wouldn't be any percents at all.

On 2003-11-22 14:40, Nohra wrote:
    Probably. ...and I just noticed something. The SJ randomly slows you. Might be a part of the counter, might be something else. (A punishment for trying to get a TJ? O.o)
    Doesn't the description say something about a curse or something?