Okay last night me, Rabblerous(Arinoma), and Samurai (hucasts_rock) were doing a standard Purplenum Temple Run. Rabble decided to invite one of our friends (Jolt). As we enter the second room a Mil lilly appears and Jolt joins. All of us think "Dammit not another Wind Mil..." We tell Jolt about the Mil and he says "WAIT. Don't kill it." So we figure he just wants to see it. Anywho I'll get on with it. He asks us a question, "If we reset the games ID will the rare monster drop the new ID's item or the previous one?" So in the nature of curiostity we followed Jolt little experiment. (who needs another windmil anyway) Rabblerouser left and got his Viridia FO. We proceeded and reset the ID. When we got back down to Temple there it was the Mil lilly untouched from how we left it. Afew swings later it dropped a rare.... STANDSTILL SHEILD!

I call this the Jolt Effect XD... or Rare Monster Manipulation. I see it no different then piping so I don't think of it as cheat. I myself am legit if this is considered a cheat please remove it or send me a pm and I will delete it(MODs).

I think I've heard something like this before when in a team with someone. (Don't quite remember who though) The main point was the drop is determined by the team leader. If the leader leaves, the number 2 becomes leader and the drop will be according to the new leaders ID.
    I also think I noticed something like this when tekking stuff. I was team leader and got disconnected. When I returned the tekker had changed to the one of the new team leader. I'm not sure about this, but I think i will go try it soon. (tonight...)
    As an example, a friend of mine had some wep to tek and the tekker told him it was a Dim thing. So, he handed it over to me asking for a better tek (My char was over 100 lvlz higher then the char he was playing) I got the same Dim. But in my own teams I hardly ever get Dims lately. So next time something like this happens, I think we'll try it out.

Maybe some hacker can corroborate this...

Well the next time we run into another rare monster that doesn't have a nice drop you can bet we'll change it. And one thing you obviously can't do this alone or offline.

You're essentially doing the same thing when you're piping for rares. There are basically 2 thing you're doing when you pipe-

1. You use an ID that find something good from a rare enemy
    2. You pipe a large group of the same enemy in hoping that one becomes a rare variant.

This trick isnt much different, as you have already completed #2 by stumbling across the rare enemy. You're manipulating the section ID when you're piping as well, as you just increase the chances of a purplenum mil lily for example to drop. Also, how the game works, is that when piping, it just resets the enemies, where as we reset the ID.

This trick really takes some coordination, as most everyone on the team has to rejoin, and reset the ID, so in other words, don't try this unless you are with a bunch of close friends in a passworded game, (even then someone managed to jump into the game when i went to get my FO )

I was reading the thread on IGN that jolt made, and almost everyone agrees that it's legit.

Interesting!
    I had a hunch that could happen but never actually expressed any desire to check that out.
    Seems neat, you could possibly get the rares you need (hopefully not mates or meseta -_-)

yeah, makes sense. enemies keep saved, but ID can get changed online... only thing i dont know is... will the enemies keep the same if all players leave into the town?
    hmmmmmmm... if i remember right, i once got killed, was alone, online, and piped back down and it as still there... but i'm not really sure about that... >.<

anyway nice find, congrats!

On 2003-11-25 05:05, rena-ko wrote:
    will the enemies keep the same if all players leave into the town?
    yes they will. To keep everyone seeing the same thing, this info is stored on the server, and doesn't change when you go to P2 and back.
    And what is dropped is obviously not determined when the enemy spawns, but when it is killed...

On 2003-11-25 05:12, Superguppie wrote:
    yes they will. To keep everyone seeing the same thing, this info is stored on the server, and doesn't change when you go to P2 and back.
    And what is dropped is obviously not determined when the enemy spawns, but when it is killed...
    thanks,
    and yes, obviously.

both are proven by the fact that when you die in a cmode game and you try again without recreating, you have the same waves of enemies but different drops (i never tried that with rare critters in cmode, i'll have to do that next time we stumble over a nar in cmode or something...)

Interesting, indeed. Thanks a bunch Auracom !