Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melee Fomar

the soldier that was once pure of light

why not make a power mag thats what i did and now I hit as much as my HUcast does and hes level 111 and my FOmar is 82.

My FOmar with Shifta and the target having Zalure, I do ~500 with a hard attack with my Red Saber and with Deband and Jellen I deflect just about all attacks.

Meh, the Double Saber does kidna suck ATP wise, but a fully ground one with good Hit% is a strong weapon.

Personally, I use a partially ground DoubleSaber and a Soul Eater. When I get enough ATP, I'll use a Soul Banish, and if I can get one, A fully ground S-Rank Twin with Spirit Special attack.

Oh, and Mag Stats? (5/125/70/0). You'll want AT LEAST 70 DEX on your Mag, FOmars have CRAP for ATA. Even with 70 Dex on your Mag, you'll need 1-2 God/Arms. Unless all of your weapons have exceptional Hit%.

...I wouldn't bother with a special on the Twin. No, seriously. Sometimes for fun with my friends if they don't mind I'll slap one of the BS hacked 1304 mags on my FOmar and slap some happy fun duped crap on him and play melee.
    ...Even with an extra 20 ATA over his max and over what an S-rank twin provides from a Red Ring, he still misses a couple hits with the twin on a normal-heavy-heavy combo, in Temple and Forest. Further on I imagine it's even worse. FOmars don't have the ATA to effectively use special attacks - They max at 163. If you don't mind using hacks, you can bump that to 183 before a weapons, but even then... *shrug* You'd better have some sick, insane Hit % on your stuff if you want to constantly hit with -regular- attacks, hell with specials. And if your FOmar's ATA isn't maxed, it's even worse. Only bother with a special if it's going to be shared with a class who can actually make use of the special. Trying to use a special attack on a melee weapon, with a class who doesn't exactly have stellar DFP or HP, is like saying "Here I am, Mr. Dark Bringer, please come- Ok, anything that gets my point across is rated R at best, so use your imagination.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE!

If you were online I could give you some really cool junk that is better than all the stuff you use!

On 2003-12-04 22:45, Ian-KunX wrote:
    ...I wouldn't bother with a special on the Twin. No, seriously. Sometimes for fun with my friends if they don't mind I'll slap one of the BS hacked 1304 mags on my FOmar and slap some happy fun duped crap on him and play melee.
    ...Even with an extra 20 ATA over his max and over what an S-rank twin provides from a Red Ring, he still misses a couple hits with the twin on a normal-heavy-heavy combo, in Temple and Forest. Further on I imagine it's even worse. FOmars don't have the ATA to effectively use special attacks - They max at 163. If you don't mind using hacks, you can bump that to 183 before a weapons, but even then... *shrug* You'd better have some sick, insane Hit % on your stuff if you want to constantly hit with -regular- attacks, hell with specials. And if your FOmar's ATA isn't maxed, it's even worse. Only bother with a special if it's going to be shared with a class who can actually make use of the special. Trying to use a special attack on a melee weapon, with a class who doesn't exactly have stellar DFP or HP, is like saying "Here I am, Mr. Dark Bringer, please come- Ok, anything that gets my point across is rated R at best, so use your imagination.
    Just a suggestion, but you're right...the Spirit Special would be better for a FOmarl's weapon.

If you tend to use magic, the Sorceror's Cane would be a good choice, IMO. Cuts TP by 10%, and boosts GI-techs 20%. No pesky HP drain like a Pwand...of course the Pwand slashes TP cost by 50%...but, yeah.

And a Soul Banish and Holy Ray (both with Hit%) would be highly useful weapons to wield. Of course, your FOmar will likely have to be rather high Lv to use those, especially the Soul Banish.

I usually don't even bother with Special Attacks on ANY of my characters. Well, besides Soul Eater's Berserk on De Rol Le...

On 2003-12-04 22:59, NodMan wrote:
    If you were online I could give you some really cool junk that is better than all the stuff you use!
    Well, I really don't have any thing better that I can use...what did you intend to give me, if I was online? Eventually, the only weaps I'll need would be Red Saber, MAYBE an S-Rank Twin, a Soul Banish, a Holy Ray, and a Sorceror's Cane. What would you suggest, hmm?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-12-04 23:07 ]</font>

On 2003-12-04 23:02, Eihwaz wrote:

Just a suggestion, but you're right...the Spirit Special would be better for a FOmarl's weapon.

If you tend to use magic, the Sorceror's Cane would be a good choice, IMO. Cuts TP by 10%, and boosts GI-techs 20%. No pesky HP drain like a Pwand...of course the Pwand slashes TP cost by 50%...but, yeah.

And a Soul Banish and Holy Ray (both with Hit%) would be highly useful weapons to wield. Of course, your FOmar will likely have to be rather high Lv to use those, especially the Soul Banish.

I usually don't even bother with Special Attacks on ANY of my characters. Well, besides Soul Eater's Berserk on De Rol Le...
    Yeah, the FOmarl has less ATP, but 7 more ATA, which actually will make a difference.

I prefer to go weaponless for casting, actually. I like the unarmed casting speed on males.

Indeed, especially both. If I give my FOmar a real mag(5/145/50/0 Rati) and a (duped)God/Power, he's 40 ATP short of using a Soul Banish, at L116... Without his MIND-boosting stuff, IIRC he -still- doesn't have the base MST to equip a Holy Ray.

Indeed. The only character of mine that -ever- has Special attack shortcutted is my RAmarl, who lacks a normal attack button. Heavy and Special, but then, she can get away with it, being a RA and all, and even if she does manage to miss the first Heavy shot, she'll likely hit with the second, still before things get near her. But my FOmar, HUmar, any non-RA class... Yeah, I just don't bother.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

On 2003-12-04 23:22, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Yeah, the FOmarl has less ATP, but 7 more ATA, which actually will make a difference.

I prefer to go weaponless for casting, actually. I like the unarmed casting speed on males.

Indeed, especially both. If I give my FOmar a real mag(5/145/50/0 Rati) and a (duped)God/Power, he's 40 ATP short of using a Soul Banish, at L116... Without his MIND-boosting stuff, IIRC he -still- doesn't have the base MST to equip a Holy Ray.

Indeed. The only character of mine that -ever- has Special attack shortcutted is my RAmarl, who lacks a normal attack button. Heavy and Special, but then, she can get away with it, being a RA and all, and even if she does manage to miss the first Heavy shot, she'll likely hit with the second, still before things get near her. But my FOmar, HUmar, any non-RA class... Yeah, I just don't bother.
    Yes, the S-Rank Twin w/Spirit is nice, but damn near impossible to get if you're offline. You'll need some other kind of weapon... *pats 20%Hit Spirit Vulcans*

Yes, I like the unarmed male casting animation as well. However, a 20% Boost to all GI-techs (on a FOmar, that's a 50% boost to all GI-techs) and TP cost goes down 10%...that's worth it for me. Obviously, if having a tech-boosting weapon doesn't let you kill a certain enemy with less casting of the appropriate technique, you'd be better off going barehanded. I suppose an Angry Fist would be a nice weapon, but FOmars have a really retarded unarmed/Fist animation...*punch, low punch, bitchslap* XD

Well, if Arc uses his "Mind" Mag, he's high enough to use Mahu and Brave Hammer, and all the various 9Star Canes/Wands. But for now, he uses his Soul Eater and his Double Saber. Wow, what fearsome weapons...X.x;

I suppose if I had a Guardiana with Hit%, I could use that, but the only special attack I've used a lot is the Geist special on Mahu. My FOnewm used that from Hard to Vhard to fully heal his TP countless times. I suppose I could do it with my FOmar as well, but I'll need a Mahu with some serious Hit%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-12-05 15:53 ]</font>