Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

After seeing my character appearing in brilliant stories by very kind authors, I've decided to try to add just one more story to the world of Phantasy Star Online. It will be written about my character and my brother's character.
    My brother's character was deleted by causes we later discovered could have been easily fixed. I let him keep all of the weapons he was borrowing from me at the time to help his new character rise from the ashes of the old, but he still seems crestfallen from having to start anew. So I am writing the story of how Cosmo, a red HUcast, perished.
    If I do well at this, I may be able to write more fanfics in the future, and I will be sure to include my friends as they have chosen to include me. But for this one, I want to keep it accurate, as this will be to honor Cosmo.
    The input I need is just about how to present this fanfic. Should I write it all at once, then post it? Or should I take medium sized parts and post them slowly? Also, anyone who would like to help me with my writing style, I would welcome your comments. I have read Kafka's guide, so I just hope I don't ignore everything in it for lack of sleep, arrogance, etc. Anyway, what do you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sunblast on 2003-12-17 02:51 ]</font>

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

yay, you read my guide

if its going to be a respectful ode filled with heroic battles and great deeds, then make it "over the top"

...actually, i think that i should go pu an add-on to my guide...

Yeah, it'll be a little respectful, but you won't be able to tell right away, considering all the trash-talking. While I do OK at composing (I hate research and planning. Blech!), I'm most worried about my fight scenes. I've NEVER done those before. Still, the stuff I've written so far has been pretty fun. Problem is, I gotta tear myself away right now. It's 3 AM. O_O Still, I'll be able to continue on this tomorrow after I work some on a school project. I hope my brother likes it.

BTW, that really was a nice guide. BTW, I love the Pandora Chronicles. I wish I had started reading it sooner.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

read my fight scene guide for your fight scenes, and if you have any questions and stuff, just PM me, i'll be sure to help you out

Alrighty, thanks for the help, then. But how should I post this? All at once, or pieces at a time?

Creator Of Worlds

Definitely in pieces, it helps the reader who is not swamped by text plus you can gain valuable feedback as it progresses
    On 2003-12-07 08:10, Sunblast wrote:
    Alrighty, thanks for the help, then. But how should I post this? All at once, or pieces at a time?

So not like that Red Ring Rico story you did? It seemed overwhelming, but it was still awesome. Anyway, I guess I could put up the first part now. About how long should each piece be?

Creator Of Worlds

Hey!
    That was my first fic and so I hadn't put any thought into the average reader's comfort level. All my subsequent fictions have since been broken up into distinct chapters to greatly aid readers. (Its a shame that nobody reads 'em )

PS I reformated RRR into chapters and cleaned it up (follow the fanfiction.net link in my sig if you care).
    On 2003-12-07 14:28, Sunblast wrote:
    So not like that Red Ring Rico story you did? It seemed overwhelming, but it was still awesome. Anyway, I guess I could put up the first part now. About how long should each piece be?

Hey hey, I meant nothing by that! I loved that story, seriously! I was just saying it would be like that if I post it all at once. I could try to break it up into chapters, if you think that'll help.

Creator Of Worlds

As you are well aware, people can be intimidated by large blocks of text (particularly if they are limited in the amount of time they can spend on the site).

If i was to post the story again, i would use the new version broken into chapters. In my opinion its the best course of action.

BUT... In the end its just my opinion. If you feel that posting in one go is more suitable then by all means go for it (I won't stop you )
    On 2003-12-07 14:59, Sunblast wrote:
    Hey hey, I meant nothing by that! I loved that story, seriously! I was just saying it would be like that if I post it all at once. I could try to break it up into chapters, if you think that'll help.