Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CAN YOU GET VIRUSES ONLINE?!?!
    A GOODFRIEND TOLD ME THAT SOME HACKERS/LAMERS ARE SENDING VIRUSES THAT CORRUPT/DELETE FILES.
    WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ALL ABOUT!?!

HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
    1)ITEMS ARE DROPPED ON THE "LOBBY".
    2)WHEN THE ITEM IS PICKED UP, YOUR FILE MAY BE AFFECTED EITHER BY DELETION OR
    CORRUPTION.

-I'VE ALSO HEARD THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT
    CAN KILL OTHERS WHILE IN THE LOBBY!-

FIRST PKING/THIEVING NOW, VIRUSES???
    *sigh*.....
    CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS,
    OR AM I JUST A REALLY GULLIBLE S.O.B.?

(This is not a joke. I'm VERY serious about this topic.)

Yes, i've heard about this. It happened quite sometime ago. From what i know (correct me if im wrong), lobby pking and item dropping is done through the use of gameshark. Also, as a side effect, this could cause data corruptions (i haven't confirmed this yet) to whoever pick an item in lobby or is pked there. This is not a virus that is spreading, just a deadly glitch. Fortunately, the trend is dying down. I haven't seen any magic casting in lobby lately.

In need of Anger Management

a good friend of mine got corrupted. doesnt know how. he just kept dying..nothing he could do....it would take him to the hospital, then he'd die, and theis continues. looks like we might have an era of viruses.

Yah Yah me!!
    Here's the story:
    I was in a Vhard game with some guy, playing in mines. he was in town and I was fighting off some gillchics as my lvl 75 RAmar Blaine. Suddenly, I drop dead. Nothing that I saw happened to cause this. When I hit return to Pioneer 2, I reapeared in the medical center, then dying imediatly. My health showd 0/0. I turned off DC. When I logged back on, I died in the lobby imediatly!! I tried offline, but no use. I couldn't even bring up the menu. Oh well, sh*t happens...
    I deleted the file and made a new character.
    Baby Omega12
    Peace.

Veteran Fighter

Pheh, virus... *rolls eyes*
    Okay, now where would the virus be stored?
    A virus can only be a virus if it's in a place where it'll be executed.
    DC's internal memory? Nope, nothing's executed there, just some info stored.
    VMU? Just files again, w/ the exeception of a VMU game w/ a virus it in. That could technically corrupt saves, but it wouldn't affect playing PSO.
    The actual servers themselves? Bleh, then odds are the whole ship would crash and wouldn't be available to connect to it again until Sega removes the virus...

Okay, now how would the virus even be made? Though gameshark? Please...the gameshark for DC creates a lil memory-resident program in the ram that searches for the offsets you specified in the code selection list and modifies their value. You can't create code (when I say that, I mean programming, not cheats) with it...

Smartass HQ

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ukyou on 2001-04-08 07:04 ]</font>

You were Player Killed Over and Over Again by someone in the game.

This has happened to me and he just said it was for fun.

I could only turn off the game because everytime I went to the Medic two seconds later, he would kill me again and everybody in the room aswell.

That really pissed me off !!! because I lost all my items.

The thing that is really messed up is that all he has to do, is be inside the same game as you, and he can kill you without even being near you. Just highlights your name and does an anti-heal on you.

Lmao whoever said they weren't virus's is totally correct. Gameshark just adjusts game memory to do beyond-normal functions (IE: Godmode).

Do the smart thing and play private games if you're going to run around in your best stuff. Otherwise, you'll probably gunna be losing it - often.

And zanza, every god damn post you make, you type in capitals. TURN THEM OFF.

No there aren't any viruses. It was a rumor that got started by MAXIMINA, who never intended to do anything of the sort, as a joke to someone. For viruses to spread it would most likely have to be an inside job. That's the only way I can think it might even have a chance of being possible. Why would someone make viruses when they have no way to protect themselves from it?

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

A dingo ate my baby

Heh, Omege12, that was me who was in the game with you. That was pretty freaky stuff, I would revive you and you would immediately die again. It also sucks that you had to delete a level 75 character, but well, shit like that happens in this game...we can only wait for version 2...

Um, by the way, do you want your DB Saber and 7177 meseta back?