Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hummm i was wondering, if all of you or at least 1, do the same thing i do, what is it!?!?

Well talking about Weapons and ATP, fact: the strongest weapon it's: ((btw i won't count the Dark Flow...))

Nei's Claw (Ill Gill Drop) 756ATP, so ok, huge ATP added, so it's stronger than Double Cannon that has 650ATP!?!? for the normal eye, it does, BUT, the Double Cannon hits 6 times, so it would actually has the double ATP that it says it has, so... Double Cannon actually has 1300 =D, and not counting grinders, same goes to Twin Swords and Daggers and Slicers

Also don't forget about Swords and Shots, both can normally hit 5 enemies like Slicers and Twin Swords, and Partisans well they can hit even 8 enemies ((i've done it on Addicting Food))

And my Beloved Mechguns, i can kill 1 enemie on Ult Forets in exactly 1 combo with my God Hand or my L&K Combat, guess those many hits work really good, they may be weak but they're a lot ^.^

Launchers hit many enemies, but they're pretty hard to hit all of the enemies, also they're kinda slow, but they really work on low levels or with some Bosses

So it's just me, or it's there someone out there thinking the same!?!?

eDIT: Mechguns and Launchers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-12-14 20:35 ]</font>

I think Orotiagito adds more ATP than real Nei's, but I'd have to look.

A BKB +80 is stronger than a Double Cannon.

And yes, multi-hit weapons are stonger than single hit.

Say you have a dagger-type that adds x amount of ATP, and a saber-type that adds y, where y is greater than x. You do 300 damage a hit with the dagger, and 500 a hit with the saber. Ok, no contest, right? But! Let's look at the damage output over the combo:

300-300, 300-300, 300-300, total of 1800 damage.

500, 500, 500, total of 1500 damage.

Let's take a real-world example now, using the damage calculator...

HUnewearl, L125, 150 POW Mag, 30 Power materials, 970 base ATP. No Shifta, L20 Zalure, Ult Del Lily(This, incidentally, is a very stupid idea...)

Nei's Claw: 344 on a heavy hit, so...

344, 344, 344 - 1032 total damage

Double Cannon: 308 on a heavy hit, so...

308-308, 308, 308-308-308 - 1848 total damage

Even if our hypothetical HUnewearl misses two of her hits with the Cannon, or starts with a light hit, she still comes out ahead.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

The original PSO Hermit

I notice alot of new players have problems understanding the very concepts you speak of. Most noobs just rush over and grab the weapon with the highest ATP but don't stop to think about things like %'s or number of hits.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

more hits usually means more damage, (most mechguns excluded) but i still grab my ol' DB's saber and swing away at the bartles. ahh, the good ol' days (even though a gladius is stronger than a DB's saber)

The original PSO Hermit

anybody who has played this game long enough, develops a certain fondness for particular weapons despite their abilities. I know I have.

This is one of the first things I thought of when I first got a dagger, at first I wondered if PSO split the total ATP by number of hits, but quickly disproved that theory, much to my delight. After that dagger type weapons were my favorite. Now it's Mechguns and double sabers. (Although Daggers still look the coolest IMO esp on HUcaseals.

Actually, I think in that regard Mechguns are the most weapons in game, especially on hunters, that's why I usually do not use them on Kefka, S-RANK MECHS+1550 base ATP is too cheap, I do not enjoy it. For the same reason I rarely use 5/6 hit weapons (except CROSS SCAR and RED DAGGER that I love too much).

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2003-12-14 21:42, OriginalLacan wrote:
    I notice alot of new players have problems understanding the very concepts you speak of. Most noobs just rush over and grab the weapon with the highest ATP but don't stop to think about things like %'s or number of hits.

Yes, that's how come there are n00bs carrying around Dark Flow's everywhere... but to my likeness, there seems to be less n00bs on PSO now...

On 2003-12-14 21:58, OriginalLacan wrote:
    anybody who has played this game long enough, develops a certain fondness for particular weapons despite their abilities. I know I have.
    Just like me and my S-Rank Rod (DarkChao Rod)! Fully grinded (Which, unlike Hunter S-Ranks at 250, stopped grinding at 180 >_<), Demon special, and my Durandel is still stronger! And yes, I use it to melee... (And on the plus side to my S-Rank, it does for some reason raise my DFP by 50, and even if that isn't much, it helps!)

I agree with certain aspects, but Power is nothing without technique, or accuracy. I used to use mechs with my hunney, but I switched to my trusty Holy Ray. It has more accuracy, and I feel I can take out enemies more efficiently with it.

Personally i kind of contradict myself in weapon choices heh.
    For a hunter: for multi-enemy weapons i prefer power over acuracy so Swords>Partisans cause I belive that's what they are for, killing not being comfortable with hitting.. probably cause of my level and all the items i have to help but my decision still stands.
    But for multi-hit weapons i prefer Daggers>Double Sabers and Double Sabers>Twin Swords cause, it's just the reasurrance of finishing the enemy with a weapon like that that's good Double Sabers and Twin Swords are too slow for that but are better for bosses and such.
    As for Rangers.. my RAmar uses what i feel comfortable with.. Spread Needle Yasminkov3000R Red Mech and Baranz Launcher for multi mode with some melee cover.
    And as far as FOrces go.. my FOmar and FOmarl have just about the same weaponry L&k combat Double Saber, Grass Assasin's ,Soul Eater and here is the diff FOmar has Holy Ray and FOmarl has Angel harp and for tech FOrces i go with what kills faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wood_Golem on 2003-12-15 09:58 ]</font>