Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

About 5 months ago a fellow PSO friend and I came to a theory about a new ring. My friend left PSO about 3 months ago so we couldn't test it together (figured you had to be on ULTIMATE).

So now that he's left--I figured I might as well say our theory; since holding onto it is doing nobody any good.

We came to this idea under the influence that guides sometimes screw up, and that sometimes, people miss things.

Anyways...here was our idea:

You all know that all of the rings (legitly) come from the VR missions (GAMECUBE ONLY)

EX:

Seat of the Heart: Ragol Ring
    Labrynith Trial: White Ring
    TTF: Purple Ring

The only VR quest un-accounted for, is Reach for a Dream--the typing quest.

Now I want you to keep in mind; this was the first VR mission.

Before I go on; let's review.

Rings (so far), can only be found from VR missions.

A guide was done for RfaD, and the prize for an S rank is the Chu-Chu Rocket game. My friend and I think that a ring is obtainable on RfaD.

Why?

1. Rings only come from VR missions. RfaD is the only VR mission where a ring hasn't been found.

2. RfaD was the first VR mission to come out--this can possibly EXPLAIN why a ring hasn't been discovered. Overlooked, possibly?

3. After you beat the quest on normal for example--NOL gives you an "Item". It would make sense that this "item" would be worth-while on Ultimate.

4. All rings are given by women. Weird huh?
    > Elly
    > Irene (Principal's Secretary)
    > Possibly NOL???

5. To obtain the Chu-chu Rocket minigame--only ONE member of the party has to get a perfect 100% on the quest to unlock the minigame. Perhaps if everyone gets a 100% (say, 2+) on ULTIMATE mode an extra reward is given?

6. The reward for a S rank is a "scape doll" says the PSOW guide here.

...Don't you find it ironic that the difficulty level prizes aren't listed in the PSOW guide? Back to my overlooked idea.

Anyways, to wrap this up with my/our hypothesis: (credit to any of this whether proved true or false also goes to my PSO companion Apotheosis).

Here is our theory:

The quest Reach for a Dream has a Ring that is obtainable by means of a series of events. While the events are unclear, we think that the above mentioned can support this idea. We believe that if the ring can be obtained--it must be by ultimate difficulty. We also believe that all members of the party must score a perfect 100% to obtain the ring--the ring isn't obtainable by a 1 person party. The ring is given by NOL based on the events mentioned above. The Minigame Chu Chu Rocket is our explanation of how a possible ring could be overlooked; also, it was the first VR quest--so we believe this was overlooked...keep in mind that when this quest came out--about 80% of US PSO players didn't even own keyboards. The quest TODAY is still rarely played (lack of EXP and generally not "fun").

That is our theory--and we take full credit for it, whether it is disproved or proven correct (with varying results).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2004-01-11 19:00 ]</font>

Dude, everything you've written there is complete and total rubbish. I a new ring was available through Reach of a dream, then ST would have said something about it. Would be in the drop charts. In simple terms...YOU'RE CRAZY

Obviously it wouldn't be in the drop charts if nobody had found it

Sonic Team would have said something about it...?

If it really seems far-fetched; try imagining the process of explaining how to get the Ragol Ring (first person who did it); or explaining how to get the Soul Eater if it was never included in the PSO guide.

It's pretty easy to call me/us crazy--but I'd much rather you proved us crazy

I like this theory and think it does sounds logical for a ring to be given from the quest.

I now have a keyboard, so if anyone wants to try this out when they sort out the EU problems, I will gladly try it out with them.

Video Game Addict

Hey, I like this theory too I'll have a go with you once the servers wake up

On 2004-01-11 13:10, JDA wrote:
    Hey, I like this theory too I'll have a go with you once the servers wake up
    Are just the EU servers down?

Video Game Addict

Yep - been down all weekend

I no longer have an ULT character; so all I can do is sit back and wait.

Mercenary for Hire

Tough it is a good theory there is one flaw in it:
    Japanese people. If you were able to find anything else in that quest, the Japanese would have found it already. And for the record Japanese people had access to a NGC KB since day 1 of NGC PSO.

Anyway this theory was a good read.

On 2004-01-11 15:47, AppieDPC wrote:
    Tough it is a good theory there is one flaw in it:
    Japanese people. If you were able to find anything else in that quest, the Japanese would have found it already. And for the record Japanese people had access to a NGC KB since day 1 of NGC PSO.

Anyway this theory was a good read.
    Heh, I was just waiting for someone to mention the Japanese.

Because when my friend and I came up with this theory--that was our biggest drawback from pursuing it. The Japanese are basically responsible for any PSO "discovery" that actually requires thought or lots and lots of patience/repitition.

Even though we considered this; we still didn't think this brought to much negative light on our theory.

1. The Japanese never thought much of this quest either--I would imagine Japanese would overlook rings just as any US player would. If no rings had been available yet--what would make them think one was obtainable here? Especially since Chu-Chu Rocket was the prize...I'm sure they didn't care to look any deeper into the quest once they found out what a 100% got them.

Besides, how many people would bother playing a quest that has the minimum amount of EXP (besides the shop quests) on Ultimate difficulty? I'm sure they all ran back to HS moments later.

I am glad you mentioned the Japanese though. I'm riding on the hope that Japanese overlook things as well