... I have been contemplating getting this game.
    However, I have a few questions to ask, that are either to difficult (or I'm just to lazy) to find answers to in any of the reviews I have seen of the game (thus far).

An answer to any or all of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

1.) How exactly do the lobbies work? Are they just your standard chat room?

2.) Are the classes all single-gender? (It sounds like certain classes are male, certain ones female, is this correct?)

3.) How would you compare this game to similar RPG's?

4.) Should I just wait for Version 2?

5.) What exactly are the new additions to Version 2 anyways? (As in actual details. I have read the FAQ on this site and am still a little confused.)

6.) What is this I hear about PK'ing? I thought it wasn't possible on this game.

Once again, any help you can provide would mucho appreciated.

To answer your questions...

1: The lobbies work as a meeting place of sorts where players meet up, and then go to the 'reception' to make or join a game. In the lobby, you can chat to everyone at once, and move your character around. You can even do a certain amount of actions too. ^_^

2: The characters' gender depends on the character. There are 9 characters. Three Hunters, three Rangers, and three Forces.

HUNTERS: There is a human male, a newman female, and a android male (if a android has a gender).

RANGERS: Human male, android male and android female.

FORCES: Human female, newman female and newman male.

3: This is a action RPG, similar in a way to Zelda, only... you can't pause it. Heh. The battles aren't turn-based, so it may get some getting used to. ^_^

4: No. Get it now. You need the original in order to play version 2.

5: New details? The ability to level your character up past PSOv1's limit from 100 to 200. Tons of new weapons, and many many new online stuff I'm not sure of. ^_^

6: PKing (player killing) was done by using gamesharks to alter items and such. I think the items were banned from online play now, so it should be safe now. Player thieves, however, are still apparently rampant. I've never run into one, but you'll never know. ^_^

Hope this helps! ^_^

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

Ahhhh to many questions....my brain to small! Best way to answer them is just get online with it. You'll figure it all out. Welcome to PSOW Clown!