My HuCast just got to lvl 40 today. The first time I have ever been so high. I usually get sick of a character and start over, because its not hard to get one from 1 to 13 in the same night, and then fight with the big guys. MY lvl 40 -VidaR>, however, hasn't found anything except a bunch of mind materials and a Club Of Laconium!!! It feels like this game is trying to mock me with all this stuff I can't use, but it could also be that my luck is only 12.
    I wanna know if there is an area where luck material is more prevalent.

Hmm, you can improve your luck by:

1) Finding Luck Materials.
    2) Equiping units that boosts all stats (i.e. Hero ability, God Ability).
    3) Some items/weapons also boost luck (I think, have to check).

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately, the way things seem to go is that it takes luck to find luck( materials).Once I passed level 50 luck,it seems that i started to score all kinds of great toys.Also.....be careful what you throw away/pass up as far as shields/armor/barriers/slots etc, because lots of them also raise your luck even though they arent the greatest pieces.If you find one,equip it temporarily and go treasure hunting.It DOES take a while to build luck for most characters, so it seems.Most mid level characters only have a luck of around 15-25 I've noticed.There's also a larger dumping of luck materials in the ruins, on any difficulty.Good luck!!!

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

Actually Johny, forget about your luck. It means two things and two things only - your chance to score a critical hit with your weapon and its chance for the special attack to work. Luck has absolutly NO bearing whatsoever on the items you will find in the game.

Out of curiosity what is your section ID? Or what is the section ID of the characters who make the games you play in. That will impact what you find to a great extent.

Trust an old veteran on this one. They don't call me Danger Girl for nothing.

And by the way good luck...although luck don't mean jack.

[addsig]"http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/087/24/30872431.jpg">

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Danger_Girl on 2001-04-16 19:55 ]</font>

As a player with a Viridia ID character, I have to note that Viridia seems to find Luck Materials more often than any other ID. This is just a personal observation and may merely be my dumb luck, tho.

i Find like 4-10 luck materials per game
    and mind mats
    Oran seems to be pretty sweet for Materials
    most of my stats are maxed early on because i found so many of them.

I worship Danger Girl and Akumi's booties

Yep, Danger Girl is correct. Luck Material is only good for helping your attacks. As for finding good items that is determined by real life good old fashioned luck. I have 2 characters one lev 100. another lev 83, and both of them have maxed luck (100). Do I find more rares now than I did when I had only 20 luck? Nope. So just sit there and hope you get something and after 100 hours or so maybe you too will be the owner of a photon claw or two. I am also Viridia and I find a ton of materials mostly atp, and luck. Hardly any hp materials though. Oh well....

-ken

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only stat that affects your chance of finding items is EXP. Which gives you a reason to get more EXP after you hit level 100. I'm fairly certain that Danger Girl is right about luck not affecting anything but critical hits and special attacks. I've had 100 luck since around level 55, and I've been finding progressivly better things as I level. I'm level 77 right now. I've been getting a few less DB sabers, and a few more Flowen Swords as of late. Hope that helps.