View Poll Results: OK, don't jump down my throat, i don't know whether this has been mentioned or not yet, and i'm not

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes 1

4 18.18%
  • Yes 2

1 4.55%
  • A

5 22.73%
  • B

1 4.55%
  • No

11 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ep3 Duping

Through the Fire and Flames

so far, no, duping is not possible in EP3. id like to think it will never happen, but it wont come to much. you could get some good weps and dupe them, but your still restricted by what you equip. you can only have a max of 3 of each S and SS rank card.
    S and SS rank cards cant even be traded, so you have to earn it for yourself before you could dupe it.
    if your dumb enough to dupe 1 and 2 cost items, you must be seriously dumb, because your likely to have 3 of each of them within a few matches.
    your only allowed 3 of each card in a deck, so duping more than that is generally pointless. i guess the chance of evolution is increased, but with low ranked weps/monsters/items your not going to get much you dont already have.
    the final gem in all of this is even if you did get an uber SS rank card, and no Omochao/Guld Milla/Mericus/Delbiter are not uber rare SS cards, seeing i have 3 of each, and still 0 of 80% of other SS cards. but even if you did get another, theres no point making another 2 (seeing you can only have 3), seeing the chances of you being able to equip the dam thing before the game is over is quite slim, and having 3 in a deck is a waste of 2 extra cards you could use for attack of defence. basically its just not worth it.
    after all of that, i summise that ST have done all they can to make duping next to useless.
    trading has changed also, you can only trade 3 different cards at a time. with a limit of 20 of each of those cards. so a max of 60 cards can be traded at a time. and you wont have 20 TJs in a short period of time, ill tell you. and i seriously doubt someone with a TJ is going to trade you one for 20 handguns, because if they have even 1 TJ theyre bound to be pushing 40+ handguns already.

if your going to dupe in this game, you have to be excetionally piss poor to think better weapons are going to make you better:

1337n00b equips Tsumikiri J-Sword
    Zane sets Mil Lily
    1337n00b moves forward, with TJ of course
    Zane sets Merlan
    1337n00b moves forward
    Zane moves Merlan forward
    Zane attacks with Mil Lily
    1337n00b Uses Resist (+10 HP def card)
    Mil Lily destroys TJ
    1337n00b says: wtf j00 hax0r
    Merlan molests 1337n00b
    1337n00b dies (i skipped forward a bit)
    Zane wins
    1337n00b says: ur a !*&#ing cheater, i h8 j00
    Zane laughs to self.
    the end.

What about USB? I haven't played Ep. 3 yet so I'm not sure how the trading between chars works, but I would assume USB duping will work the same way it does for Ep. 1 & 2. However, its nice to know that skill still has a determining factor in how wins a match.

The way I see it I really don't see how duping will be a problem, as Zane has already put out in his wonderful little story.

The only thing I am thinking of is more of a hack or AR codes that allow you to have unlimited HP on your character, or dice 6:6 always. But then, .... I mean, what is the fun in there? You can't even brag about what 1337 stuff you got.

But of course, people are imaginative.

On 2004-03-01 11:49, VioletSkye wrote:
    What about USB? I haven't played Ep. 3 yet so I'm not sure how the trading between chars works, but I would assume USB duping will work the same way it does for Ep. 1 & 2. However, its nice to know that skill still has a determining factor in how wins a match.
    well i guess that can happen, but it still doesnt affect anything ive said. the 3 card limit on uber rares, and 3 of the same card per deck make duping almost worthless, because you cant use the best weapons the whole time, because most better weapons (based on durability, abilities, etc) consume 4 or more points to use. so at best you could have 2 out. otherwise you can have a strong wep and a weaker one. in the end, having too many strong weps in your deck is pointless, because you most likely wont be able to use them first time, and the moment your opponent kills it (especially weps/guard creatures) your open to the slaughter, especially if they have 2 weps on :S
    no matter how many good weps/monsters you have, there are card out there designed to destroy these things with a passion. the reason the mil lily i suggeseted killed his TJ in one shot, reguardless of the def card he played (except Ability Trap), was because mil lily's have the "Major Death" ability, which instantly kills anything with over 8 HP, excluding Story Characters.
    and the merlan was just thrown in for fun. been recently made stronger, bit of a crazy card now.

Interesting I'm really looking forward to picking it up in a few and learning how to play. Then people can bash me back for being a noob LOL.

i feel i can now effectivly contribute to this forum now, in the form of ep3 then again, itll go away when everyone else has it....

Lol, thanks for the info Zane. Not having the game i didn't know anything about ST's make-duping-pointless scheme.

On 2004-03-01 12:35, navi wrote:

The only thing I am thinking of is more of a hack or AR codes that allow you to have unlimited HP on your character, or dice 6:6 always. But then, .... I mean, what is the fun in there? You can't even brag about what 1337 stuff you got.
    Even those obvious codes will not be much of a problem. Considering that online mode is based around PvP battling, anyone that employs such codes will be immediately blacklisted and shunned by the rest of the players. I mean, who would honestly want to play against someone that was cheating now? This is different from Episode I and II, in that the previous version more based on cooperation.

On 2004-02-28 20:37, trypticon wrote:
    Good question, and thank you for the unnecessary flame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-02-28 21:18 ]</font>
    Anytime buddy, anytime.

It just that, whenever I see somebody say something along those lines (they must have coded it in)... I remember horrible moments in my young programming career, where I couldn't progress on any of my code for days because of a bug (and get a frickin huge headache from it too!)

Only to find out that by removing one single, simple line of code that it would work again.