Quoting.

Maybe it was around this much in Ep. 1 & 2 and I just wasn't paying attention...but it seems almost everyone in episode 3 has a shortcut of some quote from online player_X.

And they're usually quotes that bring a negative light on the person.

Maybe it's just the more competitive nature of Ep3, but it seems lots of hostility is flying around.

(didn't want this to become a rant)

Anyone else notice this?

I believe the first quote came from Sol X. Then his friends, then many others.

I also think that Player Psoing is wierd because it's like the player transforms into someone they don't like and starts talking about themselves. Like go ahead and make a fat version of me... But only 1 C A P C O M exists baby!

I noticed a lot of people are turning their backs to their old friends, because the game is that competitive.

It's odd that you should mention this!

I had noticed it starting in the Battle 6 "Crowd" on good old ep 2. They'd go around quoting eachother, and others, especially if it was something they found that (as you said) would defame someone, or was just particularly untrue or funny.

In fact, I had a quote people would say! Yes, I really did say the thing originally, so it is a true quote but I don't find that it offends me or makes me look particularly bad. The guy was cursing like every other word about the fight so:

"Fine then! Let me mail this first, Swearboy!"
    *Complete with the comma, as I am one of few who bother to punctuate their speech.

I guess it's just a fad...

XD!!! swearboy?! LOL

heh...ok back on track, yeah I saw a few quotes too one was something like

"I DONT TALK IN ALL CAPS! NOOB!" can't remember who quoted it from whom, it was like a month before EP3 was released...

Wow friends truning backs on on another huh? I had an idea the game would bring out ppls ugly side but I didn't think it would be this bad!!
    There's a lotta twin sabers I'll never get to use... I'm going to miss this game a lot... I need a cookie...