Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

... what the heck.

The whole thing within Cheaters right now is the perfect example of why if you're a mod in PSOW, it should be all or nothing.

Please give the mods entire access to each forum. I mean, they can primarely hang out in certain forums, but why limit them to certain areas? That way, you guys wouldn't have mods saying, "this thread is now deemed locked! We're waiting for another mod to come in and officially lock it though!"

There isn't too much authority in a phrase like that... because if that mod has no authority to lock the thread, somebody else (aka a jackass) WILL come in and post in it just to be a jerk.

Just a thought of mine.

EDIT: Another instance happened about a month ago, and Rena-Ko was the only mod and she couldn't lock all of the multiple threads that were being bumped in General.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-03-27 13:19 ]</font>

... and just recently, Dhylec has officially gotten his long awaited mqis mod powers.

Hmm, I think you're referring to Abdur's post when Cyber_Fighter was messing around ... ?
    =/

Well, if you make reference to that... I wasn't aware of that.

But, I was making reference to Dhylec's quote that "this thread is now closed. Posting in it will be grounds to get a warning" or something like that.

Ooooh, warning. That won't stop people from posting in a thread, only locking it will. And if a mod does something another senior mod doesn't like, they have the power to reverse it. Perhaps thats why the current system is in place... but I think its kinda dumb to restrict mods to only certain areas.

If you trust them to one or two forums, why not all of them?
    I really don't know.

Cyber_Fighter was hanging around, asking how to copy a pso file (uncopyable)

I said there is one way, but it also has a loophole for duping, so I refused to post it.

He got angry and went around spamming.
    Soon, he started spamming what he thought was a duping method.
    Missed a step

Oh, and I believe abdur said something among those lines when He said somethign similiar in C_F's thread in Cheaters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-03-27 13:31 ]</font>

anwserman, you know there is something called 'separation of duty'? lol

nah, it's just to save the mods' sanity!

Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Before I got my full mods powers at CG, I would warn a mod for that section and ask him to lock the thread, all "jerks" who had posted after my "warning" post had their posts deleted altogether, simple

And I cannot imagine seeing :

Moderated by : eRUPT, LollipopLolita, Saladwood, ABDUR101, RuneLateralus, Prof_Frink, Bit, Guntz348, rena-ko, linkooseven, Dhylec, M_Blackhawk

at the top of all sections

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2004-03-28 07:14, Kef wrote:
    Before I got my full mods powers at CG, I would warn a mod for that section and ask him to lock the thread, all "jerks" who had posted after my "warning" post had their posts deleted altogether, simple

And I cannot imagine seeing :

Moderated by : eRUPT, LollipopLolita, Saladwood, ABDUR101, RuneLateralus, Prof_Frink, Bit, Guntz348, rena-ko, linkooseven, Dhylec, M_Blackhawk

at the top of all sections
    Then there would be massive power struggles and chaos.

Sounds fun!

PSOW's check and balances system... or something.

that kef and...

we'd like mods to have their own responsibility and it's easier for accountability. this way each mod has something to do that they need to do. and not just watch for someone else to cover their work if they slack. it also gives them more a feeling of responsibility and an accomplishment, it gives each mod a sense of accomplishment when their own personals are flourishing. it's also eaiser to keep track of. i always know which person to go to for each specific problem and forum and it's easier for them to report problems at the end of the day. also, this way, each mod is able to get to know the users posting in their respective forums more personally, know their personalities and be a part of the community, converse and keep track of problem users. also, each mod is picked because their personality matches the forum that they mod, this is so the mod understands the nature of each forum and is able to be an active participant and know what is the best for each forum community, like frink in fkl and abdur in rants for example. by having each mod responsible for select forums, it also prevents the mods from being overworked, overburdened and burnt out. if you give mods powers to all forums, that means they have to check all the forums, keep track of all the conversations and developments and problems and this means that the mods would have to keep track of a whole lot. and it isn't exactly fair to demand this kind of time from the mods seeing as to how psow is a pretty forum with a large amount of varying kinds of users. checking up on each forum and all the threads in each forum alone would take up massive amounts of their already limited time. remember, the mods are here on a voluntary basis.

senior mods nor admins do not reverse the actions carried out by a mod because their actions are usually right and such actions taken have to be clearly thought out. on most ocassion whenever there is a problem user, 2 or more mods have met and talked about the problem user at hand and have decided together what is the best solution. that is because we require that at least 2 mods decide certain actions. each mod and admin is equal when it comes to talking about the site and users and has equal vote. major decisions and changes to the site are always talked about first with all the staffers. all this also prevents abuse of power or favoritism and you also get at least two different perspectives which is better than one. all the mods know that and we get along with no enimosity but with a sense of fellow comradery. we trust all our mods, and if a mod says a warning will be given to others that post, it will be given. whether or not the user listens to that is not up to us. and if a warning is not enough of a deterrent, that's not the mod's fault.

we have our way of doing things. and it has worked so far, and it has worked well. a little blip in the system because a user has decided to spam for a little bit isn't a big heart attack that chokes the system.

Then there would be massive power struggles and chaos.

Sounds fun!

PSOW's check and balances system... or something.
    see...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-03-28 09:11 ]</font>

That explains why.
    Thanks.

I was thinking something along those lines, Lolita, but in the end, only you know (well maybe eRUPT and Salad ), and this is great, really great