Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aye yi yi... I was playing Hunters Story Mode and I was playing the 2 vs 1 game. Lura & Break vs me (Sil'fer).

I equip a few items (Vjaya, Akiko's Wok Set, and a shield in two turns). They manage to bring out two Tallows and a Canabin. I don't like tallows because of their high HP and pierce, so I avoid them and get a few things in here and there when I can't move. I get a few '1's' and then I find myself being trapped in the side with Break, Tallow, Tallow. They basically attack me and have fun playing with me as they strip my life away. I'm down to one-third (which was like 4) due to the tallows.

Then a savior card appeared... immortality. Lura attacks me and my shield breaks but its still on. Tallow attacks me and I'm down to two. Next turn I slaughter Lura (some combo with Vjaya) and ended it with the Wok set. Shield breaks... down to one hp. Next turn I slaughter the Tallow giving me a bit of breathing room and then only find myself to get cornered by Pan Arms.

They pick on my Vjaya where they bring it to 2. I move to Break because I widdled his life down a bit and then finally killed him.

I sit in my chair with 1 hp, 1 hp left on Vjaya and 6 hp on my Wok set. If they attacked my Wok set, I would've lost.

My partner and I are facing a Ranger and a Force. She is Sil'fer and I am Endu. All we have to do to win the game is move my Sinow Red 2 spaces and have Sil'fer move 2 spaces and then attack. I rolled a 2 1 and she rolled a 1 1. We were cripled. I tried to attack by myself but it was blocked and then we were killed on the next turn. It was so frustraiting to come so close only to have a bad roll end it all.

Fate binds us, destroys us.

This was really close.

I was playing an 8 player team tourney with an Arkz partner. We easily won the first round, with me popping Sil'fer (who used Virus 2nd turn) and he finally crushed K.C. with a Hildebear. (this wasnt)

Next, we fought a team of two human players. One Sil'fer (who equipped alot of guns) and Ino'lis (who stuck Laconium canes and a shield).

I drew out my Suppressed Gun and Sheild in 2 turns, and started papping at Ino'lis (who had moved 4 spaces from Endurance).

So, Ino'lis gets about 11 (started at 20) hp after a while, equiped no some more items, then me and my partner, next turn attack her down to 1/2 hp. The partner uses a Hildebear + Attack on Sil'fer, who had placed Immortality the turn before (causes me to laugh IRL), then Ino'lis used Decoy (or something) which hits for 2 damage on user but blocks any effects. This killed Ino'lis, needless to say.

That was a good match.

So happily unsatisfied

This game was in a team tournament, and in the finals. It was pretty much a stalemate the entire game. But it was eventful, just nobody was really getting a huge upper hand. Before I knew it, I saw the "Loss Time" message, which meant time had run out. At this point I went to the menu to look at everyone's HP. I had 11, and my partner had 9. The opponents had 8HP and 13HP. So it was our 20HP vs. their 21HP. I thought "Awww, that was close." I then proceeded to say "Good game." However, it turned out that my team had one more turn. I was already in the mind set that we lost, so I just went "Eh, might as well." In this turn, my partner cast Razonde and ended up destroying one of their Handgun:Gulds. It also did a little damage to the other's Shifta Merge shield. My partner than went on to take wacks at the shield with his wands. Of the two attacks, it only did one damage. However, this one damage was enough to take the Shifta Merge to 6 HP. I attacked with my Plantain Huge Fan to deal 6 damage to their 6 HP Shifta Merge. So at the end of the turn, their HPs went down to 7 and 12. The game ended at that point (Me still thinking we lost, because I didn't even take into consideration them losing HP for us breaking their stuff). So imagine my surprise, when that showed me the "Congratulations!" screen with my grade of B+. It turned out the final HP after our turn was 20HP(us) vs. 19HP(them), so we were declared the winners. Pretty close...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-04-04 10:55 ]</font>

check out my post in the battle and tourny area, it has got to be the closest battle ever.

It was a 2 on 2 match, all humans. I was Kylria, my partner was Break, and my opponents where Kranz and Glustar. The Glustar was agood player, he had at least 1 of every type of spell in the game (minus grantz and megid). After about 3 turns, my partner says we need to go for the force to win. So, I destroyed his equipped Soul Barrier and Fire Sceptor, then did direct dmg to his HP. their turn rolls along and the force manages to kill off my partner. But, when my turn comes, I manage to kill off the force.

A few turns later it becomes me and Kranz head to head right in front of each other. It appears that I'm winning (I had 11 HP, he had 9). but then he equips 2 L&K14 Combats, and somehow manages to Paralyze my Yas 9000 and destroy my Mechgun. more turns rolled by and eventually its a 2 HP to 2 HP match. I start setting shields and took out his Combats as fast as I could. But then he comes at me with a combo of P-Arms Blades and the Punch action card, which destroyd my Shield and already damaged Suppressed Gun.

Later that day I run into the Force that I fought against in a 4P Solo Tournement. It was the final match and not much happened. I lost because we ran out of time (me-9HP, him-11). So ya, this game is addiciting and some battles can be extremely close.
    PSZ F/c ~ 4684-9153-6277
    PM if you add me so I can return the favor ^_^
    (check profile for characters if curious)

So happily unsatisfied

On 2004-04-04 13:14, Giezus wrote:
    It was a 2 on 2 match, all humans. I was Kylria, my partner was Break, and my opponents where Kranz and Glustar. The Glustar was agood player, he had at least 1 of every type of spell in the game (minus grantz and megid). After about 3 turns, my partner says we need to go for the force to win. So, I destroyed his equipped Soul Barrier and Fire Sceptor, then did direct dmg to his HP. their turn rolls along and the force manages to kill off my partner. But, when my turn comes, I manage to kill off the force.

A few turns later it becomes me and Kranz head to head right in front of each other. It appears that I'm winning (I had 11 HP, he had 9). but then he equips 2 L&K14 Combats, and somehow manages to Paralyze my Yas 9000 and destroy my Mechgun. more turns rolled by and eventually its a 2 HP to 2 HP match. I start setting shields and took out his Combats as fast as I could. But then he comes at me with a combo of P-Arms Blades and the Punch action card, which destroyd my Shield and already damaged Suppressed Gun.

Later that day I run into the Force that I fought against in a 4P Solo Tournement. It was the final match and not much happened. I lost because we ran out of time (me-9HP, him-11). So ya, this game is addiciting and some battles can be extremely close.
    I thought you couldn't use action cards like Punch on dagger types. I once tried to do that, and it didn't let me.

The Grey Pilgrim

I was playing in some tournament, it was the finals or semifinals, I don't remember. I hadn't gotten to good of rolls and was steadily losing. But he did some big combo or something and got me down to 3 HP (he had about 14 HP). So I was pretty sure it was over, but then my luck picked up and his didn't so I got him down to 5 HP. He got his luck back then and we started to get neck and neck. Eventually it was down to 1 and 1 HP. I had 2 weapons equipped (they both had very low HP), and he nothing equipped. But then he equipped something small and used Rabarta or something on me and it froze one of my weapons. So on my turn I only got to attack him once, where as if I had been able to use both weapons I would have been able to kill one of his weapons. So the next turn he equipped something else and killed off one of my weapons, and I lost.

it was me and a com:Guykild and he kept running away and doing worng things anyway. i came out with my best wep Choas sorcerors cane one of the persons were slithtly noob and after a wihle they teamed up on me cause guykild kept running away

i was backed into a corner and they killed me cane and my large plantian fan like 3 times i was down to 2 hp. i whiped out anthothor of my plantian fans they kild it but no before i got the noob weponless and down to 2 hp. they got my fan to my fan 2hp and destoryed one of my other wepons i was at 1hp i was getting desprete i had blocked like 50 damage i pulled a mahu out of my hat and whith the power of 2 techs beat the noob into submission by killing the weps she equiped last turn and i got an....C+

On 2004-04-04 18:57, metermore wrote:
    it was me and a com:Guykild and he kept running away and doing worng things anyway. i came out with my best wep Choas sorcerors cane one of the persons were slithtly noob and after a wihle they teamed up on me cause guykild kept running away

i was backed into a corner and they killed me cane and my large plantian fan like 3 times i was down to 2 hp. i whiped out anthothor of my plantian fans they kild it but no before i got the noob weponless and down to 2 hp. they got my fan to my fan 2hp and destoryed one of my other wepons i was at 1hp i was getting desprete i had blocked like 50 damage i pulled a mahu out of my hat and whith the power of 2 techs beat the noob into submission by killing the weps she equiped last turn and i got an....C+
    If the person was so close to beating you, why do you keep calling her a noob? Sounds like she was pretty good if she came that close to beating you.

Back on topic, my closest battle was against Codename G and his partner Starfire (Or something like that)

Codename G was Inolis(sp? The Hunterside FOmarl) and Starfire was either Kranz or Kaylia. I was using Inolis and my partner was using Si'lfer. Well they just laid into my partner and before long she was down to 2 HP while both of our opponents still had just about max HP of just under 15. The opponent Inolis was well equiped and full of wands and stuff. But we had reduced the Ranger to nothing more than a Mag. My partner was ready to give up and admit defeat but I had a plan. My partner Sil'fer still had her Twin Psychoguns. We had kept them intact with 1 HP thanks to a Protect card. I told her to target the ranger. She wanted to attack the Force just to chip at it before we lost but she went ahead and followed my plan of attacking the Ranger with her guns. Well we mess up slightly on the order of attack and I attack first with a Tech. The 2 HP mag dies. Then I attack again with another tech and do direct damage to the Ranger. Brings her down to 6 HP. Then my partner attacks with the Twin Psychoguns for exactly 6 Damage. They don't have a card to block it with. My partner stands in shock as the "Congratuations" screen appears, and our stunned opponents didn't say anything at all.

It just goes to show, its not over till its over. We went from nearly having the nail driven into the coffen to being the victor in the blink of an eye.