I just came off a year long break from PSO and now I'm having fun again jumping between Ep3 and Ep1&2. So I decided to start a new character for the first time since last year. I decided to make a HUnewearl again, so I can correct all of the Mat mistakes I made with my original HUne. Plus I always wanted a Skyly ID, so I figured this is my chance!

I quietly level my HUne to about 20 offline and figure it's time to have fun with some co-op play online. I have two other characters that I consider my mains, a 141 HUnewearl and a 171 RAmarl, so I have decent resources to twink my lowbie HU. I join an open game in Ant8, and I think that maybe the Dragon Slayer, Twin Brand and 200 Sato I'm using might be a bit overpowered for Hard mode. But I go in anyway figuring I'll have to lay low with the equipment and techs.

WRONG. Not only was there a level 30 FOmar with an Angel Wings mag doing 300-400 damage per normal shot with a handgun, but there was also a level 30 RAcast using a Heaven Punisher and wiping everything out with the special before I could even swing my sword.

So I leave the game and figure it's just a fluke. I start a new game on a different ship/block called "no 1302 bs" and figure I'll get some decent gaming in. Not long after, a level 20 HUne joins me and proceeds to wipe the screen with her Yamigarasu, Meteor Cudgel and what appeared to be a Tsumikiri J Sword.

Sorry if this sounded like a rant, but I was just wondering. Does everybody in Normal-VHard play like this now? Should I just level my new HUne offline until 140 so I can actually get some exp?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2004-04-05 22:45 ]</font>

Hmm, I see a lot of this too. I've found some cool people online who like to play like I do though, so it's not so much of a problem if you find the right people. Just keep looking. Also there are groups on pso world that only play the legit way. L-pso being one of them. (shameless plug)

Skilled Fighter

Its hard to find legits these days. They are out there, and the funny thing is alot of them used to be the ones who used duped weapons when they started. I think the ones with some sense then realised it was kind of boring in the end, so they started playing legit again.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just keep at it. I don't really care if people use dupes. But it just stinks when you can't even get a hit in.

Where does L-PSO usually play? I'll try to keep an eye out for you guys. If you see me, give me a shout.

Len v6, 171 RAmarl
    Len, 141 HUnewearl
    Seny v9, 26 HUnewearl

Len, Clv11 RAmarl, Master (ep3)

I'm completely legit, I only dupe some super rare stuff for safekeeping since the FSOD gets me way 2 often.

Wolf Master Raghar of the Warriors of Fenrir

sadly this has happened... thanks to Al rappies (not the creature, but the hacked slot item), and duped power mags Hunters can start the game at lvl 1 with the most powerful of weapons then they go and steal all the kills. I hate J-Swords so much now that I wouldn't use a legit one.

You know when duping and hacking has gotten so back when someone says something like, "Ya this is a *insert a mag's name* it is the best DEX mag out there." Since they are treating a MAG like some sort of findable item. Or when people are walking around with Black King Bars and J-Swords and are trying to trade for other hunter weapons hoping to get a even better weapon. Or when you see more Guld Millas, J-Swords, and Black King Bars than any other weapon in the game.

O, well this is how the game is right now so we best get used to it.

President of Mexicokagulphia

It's not so bad in harder difficulties,though I don't like the level 80-90 people with hack mags that hit the same as cheep and then call me a noob while getting repeativly shot by megid or some other attack. If you ask you can usualy find legit or semi legit players to play with.

i get to 80 offline, quicker and more fun that way i have every level open for when i go on ult online

That's so true Stingray.

At least once a night there's a level 90 person in the party that wants to go to Ult Ruins or Seabed (or TTF) with their BKB and crazy tricked out MAG. Sure they do 2200 damage per hit, but they also get one-shotted by things like Belras and Delbiters the whole way through. Then they get all mad when the rest of the team decides to wait until the final stages of Falz or Flow to revive them.

On 2004-04-08 08:37, Jae wrote:
    That's so true Stingray.

At least once a night there's a level 90 person in the party that wants to go to Ult Ruins or Seabed (or TTF) with their BKB and crazy tricked out MAG. Sure they do 2200 damage per hit, but they also get one-shotted by things like Belras and Delbiters the whole way through. Then they get all mad when the rest of the team decides to wait until the final stages of Falz or Flow to revive them.
    They deserved it.