Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xbox users will relate to this this one more than anything, because our duping is so bad that it results in a PSO population in which 75% of the players have never raised their own mag, found their own rares, etc...

The other day I was looking to get my HUmar to level 156 so I could waste use another 16 Photon Drops on my Parasite Wear and make a Virus Armor for him. Nobody on my list was online so I ventured to Apatite (Hackatite, I call it) to grab my last 50,000 experience. For those who don't have the Xbox version, Apatite is the first ship. (You know, like Oberon or Vega, where all the noobs and idiot kids hang out.)

Anyways, I join a team with a level 112 HUcast already inside. Right away I know this guy is a cheater. Red Ring and a J-Sword, you know, the usual stuff. He also had a Dark Flow, a Red Sword, a Chain Sawd, an S-Rank Sword (with no name of course), a Black King Bar, and a Demolition Comet. He carried all of these items on him; no doubt one of the players I could expect to see spamming the lobbies later with "Help! My Xbox froze and I lost all my items!" Anyways, we played for a while and of course he was doing at least twice the damage that my HUmar was. This doesn't bother me anymore - I'm used to it. Al Rappies. I didn't get annoyed until he started asking questions. "Do Rag Rappies drop Al Rappies?" "Why aren't you using a Red Ring? Do you want one?" "Why do you want me to save my Photon Blast?" "What's a 'Photon Blast Combo'?"

Then, as I stopped for a minute and told him that I had to pipe up for Mag food and I'd be right back, he dropped the big one. "Ummm... why do you feed your mag?"

I just about shit a brick. Holy shit, this kid has never raised a Mag, has he? So - I can't believe I took the time to do this - I sat there for 10 minutes or so explaining how the Mag's stats affect your stats, and how feeding your Mag different items raises different stats, etc. I asked him, "You didn't think your Mag (obviously given to him) just came like that, did you?" He didn't know.

Somehow, I found the compassion to continue playing with this ignorant kid, because I knew that he didn't choose to be completely ignorant, it just so happened that some idiot found him around level 1 and loaded him up with all of the best items (and some hacked ones, too) in the game. Along the way I had to explain how you can find rare items from enemies, and how different enemies drop different items. I also explained Photon Blast combos, how to combo without getting hit, various boss strategies, and a slough of other stuff he never needed to learn because of the equipment he had.

What's even worse is that a good 75% of PSOX's population is JUST LIKE THIS KID. See what cheating does to this game?

The First

Yeah, no shiz...some of the stuff didn't exist or just wasn't used when i played on DC so i was ignorant of it, and i thought i'd need to learn tons of new things that the community had evolved, but no people had actually de-evolved from the days from when i played and i was like WHY?

Why don't people know about raising mags when there are no hacked mags?
    Why don't people no what the pillar keys are for?
    Why does noone know how to raise a char?
    Why does noone know about the story?
    Why do people not know the best weps? TJ is not it unless you play alone...

Why am I a year or 2 gone from the game knowing much more than almost anyone else in the game?

I dunno, but most is because of Duping...not that i'm against duping, but at least teach newbs...by newbs i guess everyone else is then...

Veterinarian Fighter

Bacon, it was very cool of you to stick around and explain things to him. Sometimes those people get so frustrating it's hard not to just leave the game laughing.

Well, you handled it very well. Instead of yelling and him and being a jerk, you showed him the basics of the game. I'd have to agree with you, it sounds like he was given a lot of good/hacked stuff at level 1 and never had the chance to learn his own strategy and stuff.

I'd meet up with him again and continue to teach him the basics of the game. Maybe he could turn out to be a good friend. You just never know.

Wow...i can't believe the ignorance! My friends and I only play offline, therefore we have to feed mags. One time, a friend of a friend who played with us a couple times went online for his FIRST TIME. He was a FOmar. When he came back to play with us the next day, he had a Sega Master System mag, a Panzer Tail, a bunch of force weapons, and he was using a Soul Banish(at level 20 something). We all just sat there like..."what the hell?". The Xbox online is just messed up. The one and only reason I'd get online is to use my Photon Drops...that's it.

Well, that's an awful nice thing you did Bacon. In your shoes I probably would have done the same thing. It's too bad he was deprived of starting fresh with the newbie weapons and struggling agaisnt the waves of enemies. But, he can always start a new character. Yeah, I'd do what Eihwaz says, meet up with him again if you can. Maybe be a type of mentor. Soon you'll be running through Ultimate Ruins together and then defeating Dark Falz.

They grow up so fast...

Veterinarian Fighter

On 2004-04-17 13:36, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
    Wow...i can't believe the ignorance! My friends and I only play offline, therefore we have to feed mags. One time, a friend of a friend who played with us a couple times went online for his FIRST TIME. He was a FOmar. When he came back to play with us the next day, he had a Sega Master System mag, a Panzer Tail, a bunch of force weapons, and he was using a Soul Banish(at level 20 something). We all just sat there like..."what the hell?". The Xbox online is just messed up. The one and only reason I'd get online is to use my Photon Drops...that's it.
    Nah live is awesome, but it helps if you play the game offline first and have some friends already playing to show you the ropes too. I think we've all made stupid mistakes at some point during the game though because we didn't know better. It was cool of Bacon to stick around that's all.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

I'll admit that I'm not very legit, but at least I know all (hopefully) of the ins-and-outs of PSO.

Liquid, it must have really PO'ed you for ya to post on PSOW.

On 2004-04-17 14:00, Siris wrote:
    On 2004-04-17 13:36, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
    Nah live is awesome, but it helps if you play the game offline first and have some friends already playing to show you the ropes too. I think we've all made stupid mistakes at some point during the game though because we didn't know better. It was cool of Bacon to stick around that's all.

I have played online before, and I didn't like. The people on Xbox are like robots. They have no personality. I would buy a GC if I wanted to play online...

Veterinarian Fighter

[/quote]

I have played online before, and I didn't like. The people on Xbox are like robots. They have no personality. I would buy a GC if I wanted to play online...

[/quote]

Ugh sorry you ran into some robots online. It's too bad you have to generalize the whole population though. Ie. People who play only offline are like robots, they have no personality. I would use a GC if I wanted to play offline...