This could be called a rant.

I was thinking about this today, and actually a lot this past month, and I've come to the conclusion that if you're going to make a change in your life: do it for yourself, and only yourself.

Any change - big or small - you should make sure it it is YOU who wants the change, and nobody else. I've heard stories, "My mom wants me to lose weight" or "Somebody thinks I should change my clothes." Thats all bullshit, in a sense. Be who you want to be for crying out loud.

Because, if you waste money on clothes that you'll never wear - there isn't any change to you in that unless you count the fact that you're broke. Basically, it boils down to this: If somebody wants you to change, and you do change to match that person's wants... then you'll never be satisfied because you didn't want to change at all. Now, if you want to change and do succeed in that change, you'll feel great inside because you're now a possibly better person and that you reached a big goal.

Now, I could relate this post to things in my life (and give examples); I won't. I just wanted to quickly rant this out, but changes will only succeed if you make changes for yourself. Not for your friends or family, but only for yourself.

Note: Being influenced by friends and family to change isn't the same as changing just for them... being influenced means you want to change yourself and being open to comments and suggestions, and changing just for them means you're doing it for a reason other then self-improvement (and that leads to depression and failure.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-04-18 21:33 ]</font>

Lack of anger - OFF TOPIC !!

Hmmm, some people can't really 'make' those descisions.

For example, Parents make me eat too much x.x"
    I'm not making the decision, i'm forced to do so.
    therefore, I'm not choosing to get fat, i am. -_-;

meh, it's two in the morn, im going to sleep.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

But if you *choose* to increase your excercise regimen, cycling more, doing aerobics, and the like, that extra energy won't become fat, it will insted become muscle or burned off into nothing. You could choose instead of becoming fat, to become toned instead.

Well said. I often feel that I am being influenced by things around me too much. I am like this sponge that suck up dirt and change colour.

While I know that change should be for yourself and such, sometimes it's hard to convince your brain that is indeed so.

Ya know.
    Ah well. I am tired.

Everyone constantly trys to improve themselves whether they have the motervation or ability to suceed is another story.

A key note here is many ppl manage to drop weight however most of them think that once your dropped the weight you can just quit excising and go back to being a slob and stay thin. This leads them to beleave that dieting doesnt work. Don't go on a temp quick self help program change your lifestyle.

Sadly, I'm lazy and unmotivated. Still seeking purpose in life type thing. I seriously still don't know what to do in my life. When you have stuff like that, what can you actually do?

As for weight, I don't give a damn. I'm pretty happy with my physical self though I think I need more energy, feel tired nearly every day.

Clothes... *sigh* everything is made in 3rd world countries, they are pretty expensive, they usually don't interest me, but I care for them cause it's a necessity.

*sigh*

I agree, mostly.

One reason to change for another is if, for example, youre taking care of someone, or have a younger sibling.

Youre overweight, have no job, drink, ect, and you look at your son/brother.

You think," Damn, i dont want him to end up like this. He deserves better from me"