Mercenary for Hire

Do NOT go for his head. The best weapon to use is a sword or partisan or Soul Eater, followed closely by a shot or Spread Needle. The key is attack position. Do NOT stand next to the head. Instead, place yourself downstream of the head near the corner of the raft. Be sure to be far away enough from the head that your attack locks onto his middle segments rather than his head. Your attack will hit at least 5 segments each time, doing incredible damage! After each 3 hit combo, run around in a small semicircle to avoid his tentacle attack and repeat. If you have Rafoie or Razonde, use it when he's not flopped on the raft (preferably Rafoie). If you're a Force without a Soul Eater, just stick to Rafoie all the time, of course.

Oh one other thing--learn when he does his purple spray attack. If you're in the very tip of the near corner, you won't get hit by them (or get hit by at most one if your position's a little off). Map Dimate or Monomate so you can survive getting hit by two just in case.

Merlins tip for fighting the worm.....Stand still...STOP RUNNING AROUND SO FREAKIN' MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Fighter

hmm yeah or you could........ fight nude...

And of course, Rangers can use Rifles while he's out in front, or when he uses his lil laser beam attack.

Zonde him while he's at sea, and Razonde works wonders at clearing the spikes on the raft.. ^_^d

-Khaotika!

"mmm..Rafoie heaven..."

My startagey with my Ranger was run around like crazy and hope for the best. Now with a Hunter its a diffrent story i can actually kill him at lv 10...

Mercenary for Hire

Unless your Razonde is much higher level than your Rafoie, Rafoie will do more damage, and its blast radius is more than sufficient to take out the explosive spikes. Of course, either will greatly outdamage any rifle. When De Rol Le isn't flopped on the raft, Rafoie does much better than a shot because most shot bullets won't connect. It also does better than a sword because a sword will at best hit in only one spot.

But the real heavy damage is done when De Rol Le is flopped on the raft. A shotgun can hit him in 5 places, far outdamaging any rifle or even a mechgun. By positioning yourself near the corner, none of those hits will be wasted on his armored head.

A sword/partisan can do even better--hitting all 7 segments with each swing! Along with the generally higher ATP Hunters have, a HUmar or HUnewearl can wipe out De Rol Le in record time.

Again, the key is position. Most people mistakenly think they can do the most damage by getting near the head. If you do that, you'll only hit De Rol Le in about 3 places, and it'll be wasted on destroying his armor mask.

Hehe, nothing works better than a partisan here (except for insanely hacked weapons ) My gaebolg does 600+ damages in multiple places. I can kill the worm easily w/ just a few swings

"The wired is inifinite...everyone is connected at all times."

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: ICEsenZ on 2001-04-27 17:34 ]</font>

I practically invented that strategy!

+ its good to keep the armor on his head and get parasite wear, anyways...

ITS REAL EASY beating De Ro Le (proper name for the "wurm" as he is called) Just by doing that with a spread needle, or perhaps just letting all the players use spreads on him!

But heres my own personal strat!

*aim heaven punnisher

Pull trigger

watch him burn

go home after hitting EVERY SINGLE PART OF HIM AT ONCE! and doing 800 damage per hit ^_^