Thread: Error#008

After not playing online for about a week i try to connect to the internet only to get this error. I tried a few more times and it kept appearing stating that my isp was incorrect or my user id was wrong. i use MSN and i just wanted to know if the provider is supposed to be msn or msn.com , and is the user id supposed to be msn/username or is it supposed to be just the user name.

thank you for the help

I also use MSN. I am not sure on how you put in your username but put MSN/what ever you email is - msn.com.
    so if your e-mail is [email protected], you would type in MSN/darkfalz. The password stays the same. Make sure that the phone or broadband cable is pluged in at both ends.

Thanks, maybe soon i can play online again and get my rank back.

*sigh* I have a new problem, now its saying i don't have a carrier. Could someone tell me what a carrier is and how I could fix this problem? Once again thanks.

Legendary

A carier is another word for a dial tone ( i think)
    to chck everyhtings ok, forst of all unplug all the wires from the modem to the phone socket, blow on the conectors and plug them back in agian.
    Why? because this makes sure that you havent got a loose conection on the phone lines.

Next pick up the phone, do you hear the normal dial tone ( continuos tone), or something else? have you got any aditiona services enabled on your phone line that may cause an abnormal dial tone ?

Rappy Hunter

A carrier has several meanings. In this case, your ISP. If you're on dial up I'd try one of the methods that's been mentioned. If you have a router, log into your router and input your username and password to your ISP. Turn your game counsel off for about 30 seconds and turn it back on. Make sure to select DHCP enabled. If that doesn't work, statically add the mac address of your game counsel NIC mapping it to the DHCP server of your ISP.

Or you can check your settings on your PC to see how it's connected and set your game counsel the same way. Of course, I only have experience on the xbox so not sure if you can do that if you're on a different counsel or not.

I finally got back online,I'm not sure how but I did. Anyway I have a new problem, when I'm playing online the game seems to move slow, and no its not lagging. It slows down for long periods of time and its takes awhile to load. This has never happened before, it could just be something wrong with my connection with msn. Any info on this problem would help.

check your pings. Also there may be some packet loss, so run a tracer -rt as well to see if there are any problems on your network.