Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...tos/index.html

I'm getting rather annoyed with the media's continued coverage of the negative events in Iraq.

Yes folks, let's plaster the negative news all over everyone's faces with apoxy, and let the positive details concerning progress in the fine print.

Bastards.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

positive details aside (some might argue the validity of this statement), no one has the right to do that

now if there weren't negative events, there won't be any to report.

things that make you go hmmm

and please, they cover up SO much of the negative media. the ONLY reason those officers got ANY reprimand was because they were SHOWN IN A VIDEO MAKING THOSE PRISONERS DO THOSE THINGS. I would bet good money that the camera man got of scott free because he wasn't shown in the video!

If that video wasn't shown on Iraqi TV, you wouldn't have heard about it.

On 2004-05-03 10:27, LollipopLolita wrote:
    positive details aside (some might argue the validity of this statement), no one has the right to do that

now if there weren't negative events, there won't be any to report.

things that make you go hmmm
    Naturally, the negative events are indeed worth covering, but on the other hand, I'm getting tired of seeing, "Two more US Soldiers dead!" on the big headline on the front page of CNN.com every day, then looking around a bit more to find stuff relating toward Iraq's progress toward independence in the smaller headlines, and otherwise more difficult to locate.

I mean, every time someone dies over there, there's a huge headline on it, but if someone makes a brief treaty, it takes a back seat. Something's just not right, here.

because people would rather read about how many people die than look up their world atlas to see where the other countries are.

again, some might argue your statement about iraq's progress towards independence. if only people here know of other news sources

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-05-03 11:04 ]</font>

On 2004-05-03 11:03, LollipopLolita wrote:
    because people would rather read about how many people die than look up their world atlas to see where the other countries are.
    Yeah... It's all about ratings, really; which seems a crime. If this sort of focus is maintained, then before long, The New York Times will be indistinguishable from an extra thick edition of World News Weekly.

Yup, it was every American soldier too.......

Please keep ONE thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...rum=11&start=0
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

On 2004-05-03 10:16, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...tos/index.html

I'm getting rather annoyed with the media's continued coverage of the negative events in Iraq.

Yes folks, let's plaster the negative news all over everyone's faces with apoxy, and let the positive details concerning progress in the fine print.

Bastards.
    I completely agree Meira... Those shits in the news media... Why is it that society seems to thrive off of the pain of others? I'm tired of seeing "Deadliest Attack in Iraq Today" and who's died recently. Do they think the families appreciate having their lost posted in the media like some damn advertisment? I wouldn't... My girlfriend's father is in the military, and luckily he's safely at home but I'd be mortified if something happened to him and even more so if the news media threw it out in the public like some hot commodity. They invade the personal lives of everyone who has lost someone in this war - It's like gossip now.

I don't watch television anymore, I grew tired it a long time ago. Worst of all, it captures the majority of America's society; for some reason, we like to see these things, and that's why the news media still exists... I don't want to live here and be stereotyped as if I also enjoy looking at the misery of others... But is it better anywhere else?

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

I am going to say this again. Not all US soldiers are like this. My father who is retired called them a dipshits. And the guy im living with now is right now in Iraq(so im not really living with him). Also said they got some major asschewing.

This is just a select few.