Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 Grand Prix

So, I predict the oft heard phrases

"That deck is so cheap"
    "You noob for using xx"
    "You are using tailored decks. Stufu" (Sorry for my bad 1337 talking and such forth. I'm not used to it =/)

will make a comeback.

Yes well, it's a team tournament now, so you are going to have to get used to the idea of people ganging up on you. Machine decks will make a comeback (did they ever leave?), maybe even Pouilly Slime (the red one whichever it is =/ ^_^ decks again. The one point spammers will probably take a prominent role as well.

So who else thinks that this is going to be a one sided tournament. I see a lot of Arkz teams as compared to Hunters. I'd be surprised if a Hunter deck makes it to the final match and actually wins. I see people coming up with one type of monster decks and playing lots of assists to increase low cost monsters into powerhouses.

I admit, I would love to just watch all the matches and see what/how everyone plays and what sort of decks people play. I might even make a comeback for this.

Btw. Will EU be able to play this? It's released in EU on June 17th according to the sticky, and this is supposedly released in June sometime. If we can't play, then it's not really a World Challenge is it? Well done ST for finding yet another f*cking (sorry) way to stop EU players having some fun. If we can play it, thanks ST for making us lose any tournaments we play because we've had the game one day before the tournament starts. Let's all use a Default Arkz deck and win the tournament!!! -.- We just won't have the cards to compete.
    It's things like this that make me really mad at ST. They do things like this on purpose to rub it in our faces -.-

i always think the us and jp should hold seperate tourneys, like this. think of how much more time the jp players have had, they are bound to win. i wil be suprised if a us player actualy gets through the heats, there will be only one or two v high card level players who have no life.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Shouldn't matter. The only advantage a high level JP player has is S and SS rank cards, the rest the US player could have gotten by this time just as easily. The EUs on the other hand... They've got 4 days to buiuld, including the tourney times.

Are there any more info for the tournament like if it allows assist cards or not?

well I wont bother to play this cup thing anyways,,,it will only bring out the worse in peoples mind and deck and language....so screw this cup! heh

so are any of you at least going to play in it?

Ohh yeah!!! I'll be online by then! better start building up, me and my ilnolis will do some damage with the Psycho Wand, I'm gonna team up with an Arkz probably, for variety, you know, I'll protect the Arkz guy well his monsters go in for the attack...
    Which brings up another cheap method if there is no deck shuffle rule, fixed hands, think about it, one guy plays Dice+1 like three times then Sil'fer get a handy Dark Flow...

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

After the debacle that followed Famitsu Cup, I have a feeling this is going to be a standard tourney setup, with 20 life, 30 sec rounds, 30 minute total. People bitched like anything after the Famitsu Assist ban, since it resulted in Pouillies owning the thing.

No news yet on any of the rules, the original posting just kind of said "stay tuned" for those details.

While it would be nice to participate in the tournament, all my experience is in playing 1 vs 1 matches.

At least there *are* official tournaments that are world wide, or at least available to those outside of the Japanese version. Hopefully this won't be the only one.

I just sent off emails to some PSO Vets that I haven't contacted in a while... I asked them if they would be getting Ep. 3 and if they were interested in this tourny. theres no way I could build up a team in minutes before the game so I asked them, I hope they can help, cause now I'm the experienced one!!! HAHAHAHAHA