Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well this might be kind of a dumb post but, we all have our share of strategies and our share of knowing cheap JP strategies to look for, so we should all empty our minds into this little post..

I'll reply to this post a little Guld Milla strategy where you do 100+ damage soon.

Well, I don't have any cheap decks...
    (And some would argue, that I don't even have any GOOD decks) so I don't have much to contribute except some questions like:

Ok if there are all these BS tailored decks like the "Pouilly Slimes" and the "Mines Deck", if there were 4 people, and they each had those decks and fought eachother, would Mines beat Pouilly? Would 1Pt. Spammer Rappy beat "Super Silfers" or the infamous "Fix Deck"?

How about Pouillys vs. Pouillys? What happens when 2 of the same bogus deck meet eachother?

We already know everyone is going to bring the familiar cheapnesses to the table, so would only something new beat them? Is it possible to have a single form of team deck that can defeat ANY cheap deck it's put up against? (You can't tell what they're gonna use till they use it)

And last is...is it even worth it to enter this thing? I mean, anyone under rank 'god' probably won't make it past the first round. Either a cheap deck will kill them, or one of the higher-up people will, just out of 'they been there longer, and have better cards'. If there really is one unbeatable cheap deck (And I hear "machine" is pretty close) then all it will be is a contest of which Machine deck rolls better dice and irritates the other one to death first. The tourney would be reduced to the supposedly random dice to decide, leaving skill out of it totally.

I'd be interested to see how this thread pans out though...

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Machines will very very likely beat Pouilly decks, unless the Pouillies carry some more assists with them to get rid of the Simples that machine decks will throw down to stop Techs from coming through. Pouillies rely on mostly offensive strategies to win, and unless they manage to rush the Machine player before they can set up defense, the Pouilly will hit a wall that they can't pass.

"Super Sil'fer"? What deck would this be? Only thing I can think of would be the Savitiri, Mechgun, Handgun combo. In which case, a blocking deck will kill poor Sil'fer due to attrition. The Savi/Gun deck isn't all it's cracked up to be.

.gniht DOSF eht tuoba deirrow ylniam m'I

Even though they have really decreased, It still could be a problem.

Don't say that only GOD rankeds can pass.
    In the previous CUPs many of the finalists were KING and LORD, some CHAMP too.

Since RANK is based on meseta you can acquire by beating COM or 1 vs 1 it doesn't mean that the highest ranked are the best in 2 vs 2 human games.

Burning Ranger

Yeah, I'd say mines is the strongest team deck of the moment. It should also be mentioned that GODs and other rank obsessed players are often self-confessed com bashers who are rubbish at actually playing the game properly.

-Jools

The dates that are set for the tourney happen to be the last 3 days of my school year...

If I do end up staying home for it, i'd like to see at least one Team among all of us to make it to the finals.

I'm new to this and this might sound stupid but who cares. What makes the pouilly, machine and many other decks cheap? I'm guessing what makes the pouilly deck cheap is the fact that they dn't cost anything( i think) and there moves don't coast anything to but what about the others cheap?

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Don't bump it, it's quite old, but here was a good thread on cheap decks from quite a while ago.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...17&forum=19&42

Considering the rules. Max dice 5, Min dice 3. I would suggest to make decks especially for this cup.
    Many def cards are needed. From 10 to 14 is a good number I think.
    Without dice modifiers we will be getting 3-5 in dice. Thats a sure 1 to 3 def cards each turn.
    Then 4 and 5 costers will be really great. No need much luck to roll enough for them.

A question. I have been away from ep3 in last 2 months and Im rusty in some things. The max and min dice rule does affect judge?