Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it just me, or are we getting shafted with a distinct absence of new content while a thinly disguised yu-gi-oh ep. 3 gets new stuff all the time. Sonic Team, get your heads outta yer asses! Ep 1-2 are the vehicles that got you here, how 'bout some support?!?

well, if you would write that (with some less prophanity) to sega of america, you could prolly leave some impression.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

sorry...wrote it this morning after being up half the night getting level 145...simply put, this is getting to look all the same to me and I love this game. When the Easter content fell through, I was very disappointed. Even a little variety would help, considering the huge # of people who, 4 years after it's introduction continue to play. As a side-note it's a sad indicment of the video game industry as a whole that they havn't been able to come up with a game that replaces PSO. It's not like PSO's concept is so unique or non-linear, and yet here we are still playing. Perhaps PSOUniverse will go some way to rectifying the current situation, but with all of us paying @$10 a month, that's a lot of cash to support the existing product...I feel abandoned on the surface of Ragol with nowhere else to go...

Yes, it may all start seeming the same to you, however, you have also stated in another thread how you were uninterested in really seeking any good rare items, and so you went the way of a cheat, and started using hacks. In that thread, you were warned that using the hacks will diminish your interest in the game, and now it seems to be doing just that.

If you are bored, try to find some other aspects of the game that you haven't checked out yet, or perhaps haven't even realized. There are a lot of different elements and styles of play that should keep anybody interested for years, and it's all packed into this one disc (online helps this out a ton). You don't even have to make a new character to try these different things out, they are all available to anybody in the forms of Battle mode (waste of time, in my opinion), Challenge mode (the only way to really be certain a level 200 character is not an AR 200), normal, hard, very hard, and ultimate settings (at any level, there is always something to find here), try having people with different section IDs make games with you to play in, that will give you different rare drops each time, online quests - there are really a lot of them if you take the time to try to go through all of them in different ways. Offline, there are also quests, but different plotlines that you can follow by doing different things in the quests. You can spend a lot of time searching for that one rare you have been hoping for.

You can also set up your own games of fun, such as scavenger hunts for other people to play in. Try setting up a pumpkin patch, and have people choose what pumpkin they like the most out of the bunch (only works if you have a large amount of pumpkins). You can do the same thing with christmas present hunts, and easter egg hunts. In the above scenarios, a few friends and I would usually clear out a number of levels, and then place some of the said holiday items in unobvious lacations throughout the game. This was usually done in battle mode, so that we could bar just anybody coming into the game and taking everything. There was also a password on the room so that nobody would come in and mess things up while we prepared thingsl. Then, we would have one person, or a number of people, go out to the lobbies and advertise what was going on. Payment from interested parties was usually one rare. Only one participant was allowed into the room at a time. The other three of us would string out in front of the warp to Ragol until payment was made, then one of us would go along with the participant to keep track of how many hidden items the player found. A time limit was usually given, and the participants were usually very good about not fussing over it, or breaking the set rules.

At the end of the evening, when all the items had been found, and no other participants remained, the people who were involved would gather, and the rare payments would be dropped on the floor for everybody to share.

This would take some friends to do properly, but it really is a lot of fun when you get it all set up and ready to go. My point is though, if you are tired of the way the game is as you are currently playing it, try to do some other things.

Trypticon, I thought your post was a really good one, especially this keen observation:

Yes, it may all start seeming the same to you, however, you have also stated in another thread how you were uninterested in really seeking any good rare items, and so you went the way of a cheat, and started using hacks. In that thread, you were warned that using the hacks will diminish your interest in the game, and now it seems to be doing just that.
    I do, however, disagree with your opinions regarding Battle mode. Granted, "bullshit Forest battle" and Battle Rule 1 don't really prove anything (thank you, cheating), but Battle Rules 2-8 are exciting true contests of skill where being a cheater won't help you any. I should note one thing though. I said "true contests of skill." This is skill in Battle mode. Initially, I was turned off of Battle mode (like so many players are), because as a longtime legit and skilled player, I couldn't hold a candle to any of the Battle mode regulars, even if they were cheaters or bad players in the regular game. I get into this more in my topic here.

you should do what ever you want, even if it is hacking(i DO disagree with any ype of cheating(exept piping)but you should try what these people have suggested PLEASE DON't hack, it's up to you though

Wonderful replies...I don't hack but I've used a hacked mag (I'm not really computer-literate enough to 'hack' anything) I haven't participated in any hunts though it does sound interesting...please don't get me wrong, in the other post, I indicated i played legit forever, and I've been playing this game since 2000 on the DC. Remarkably, very little has changed since then. That was my salient point though I concede that use of juiced items and mags does eliminate some of the challenge. BTW, what's an AR200 character?

i thinks it's a level 200 who got to level 200 by using AR codes(just a guess i've never heard the term before!!!!!!

I believe that means a lvl200 character that used a AR code

why would a level 200 want to use AR codes every thing would be SO easy and easy to find(due to the speed in which they could complete an area