I just rented PSO (its awesome, btw) to see if I wanted to purchase it, and decided I'd like to. Now, I've been wondering if you can use the same character with a different copy of the game, or will it say your serial is bad (or something along those lines) if you pop in the other game? I haven't gotten online because I'm worried about this, by the way, just offline. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone here correct me if I am wrong, but your created character is bound to the serial key stored within your DC when you register a copy of PSO. You can swap all the game CDs you want, but your character can only be used on that specific DC.

But I DO know for a fact if you reset the DC's internal memory to input a new key, you'll have to recreate your character since the old will no longer work. Happened to a friend of mine with a bad serial after calling Sega for a new one.

Anyone here correct me if I am wrong, but your created character is bound to the serial key stored within your DC when you register a copy of PSO. You can swap all the game CDs you want, but your character can only be used on that specific DC.

But I DO know for a fact if you reset the DC's internal memory to input a new key, you'll have to recreate your character since the old will no longer work. Happened to a friend of mine with a bad serial after calling Sega for a new one.