Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Umm... Ness, I dunno about the states but cases like that are common in Europe. And natural by the way.

Some people choose not to have sex, whether for religious or other personal reasons, while other people simply uncounsciously don't make it a part of their lives.

Why does it sound that surprising to most people?

I think the shock factor is suppose to be that they never even knew about the birds and the bees.
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.

Well, at least we know they probably got married for the right reason.

Talk about the sudden spoiling of undisturbed innocence, though...

I'm picturing this guy, at 36 years old though, waking up in the middle of the night, going, "Honey! I don't know what to do! I'm all wet and sticky! What happen !!"

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

They might have heard about it or seen it, just don't didn't knew it was called "sex".

It's not impossible. Just because nowadays most of the civilized nations pledge "sex appeal", doesn't make everyone equal in terms of beliefs and knowledge.

Meira, that happens to us all. Some sooner, some later, and some don't get to find out what really happened.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2004-05-20 14:51 ]</font>

On 2004-05-20 14:36, Even_Jin wrote:
    Umm... Ness, I dunno about the states but cases like that are common in Europe. And natural by the way.

Some people choose not to have sex, whether for religious or other personal reasons, while other people simply uncounsciously don't make it a part of their lives.

Why does it sound that surprising to most people?

It isnt a shock that they don't have sex, its a shock that they dont know what it is.

I figured instinct would kick in...
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

It's a shock that nobody on this forum either knows about http://www.snopes.com, or has the common sense to look at that and have their bullshit metre go through the roof. XP

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

On 2004-05-20 14:49, Even_Jin wrote:
    They might have heard about it or seen it, just don't didn't knew it was called "sex".

It's not impossible. Just because nowadays most of the civilized nations pledge "sex appeal", doesn't make everyone equal in terms of beliefs and knowledge.

Meira, that happens to us all. Some sooner, some later, and some don't get to find out what really happened.
    Regardless of religion or culture, it's just downright neglectful parenting to not see to it that your children at least have a basic understanding of sex by the time they get married.

It can be respected, if a couple chooses to to not have sex because they believe it's sinful (this is just my personal opinion, but I think a married couple would be fools to go by that belief), but to be so religiously fearful of it that you're not even aware that it's required for reproduction... There's something inherently wrong there.

And as far as the "wet dream" thing goes, well... You'd think that would have at least alerted homeboy's attention that there was something stirring down there.

And y'know, again... It's not the fact that they were abstaining that is the shocker-- it's the fact that they weren't abstaining (seeing as abstaining requires a deliberate, concious decision).

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

On 2004-05-20 15:00, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Regardless of religion or culture, it's just downright neglectful parenting to not see to it that your children at least have a basic understanding of sex by the time they get married.
    It's not about it's right or wrong. If it happens or not. Whether by parental stupidity, ignorance or simply narrowed mind, or by other causes.

It can be respected, if a couple chooses to to not have sex because they believe it's sinful (this is just my personal opinion, but I think a married couple would be fools to go by that belief), but to be so religiously fearful of it that you're not even aware that it's required for reproduction... There's something inherently wrong there.
    That's why some people go to priests and others go to nuns. Some couples don't have sex, they just adopt children.

And as far as the "wet dream" thing goes, well... You'd think that would have at least alerted homeboy's attention that there was something stirring down there.
    He may have spent his whole 40 years of life thinking he still wets the bed, who knows?

what the hell?! What the hell did they think? that babies were delivered by storks or angels or something!? Or that they sprang up out of the ground? I mean, common, you would figure they would have some sort of sexual desire, even if they didn't know what sex was!!