Page 1 of 81 12341151 ... LastLast
    Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Have a problem? Post here. Check the FAQ in this first post, updated as I find out answers to questions. I know Tech Support would be a better place for this, but honestly, noone else that may be able to help with BB but Violet and I really look there. So this would be better, for now.

The FAQ is now actually located here , for ease of reading. The topics included in the FAQ are listed below.

*Added by Tomeeboy: If the above link doesn't work, Getintothegame has provided us with backup links of the faqs, thanks!

Getintothegame: I've uploaded the back up pages of the FAQ and Items page for all of you:

http://www.getintothegame.net/arislan/faq.htm
    http://www.getintothegame.net/arislan/items.htm

Credit to Arislan, of course.
    1.1a How do I set up my IME (Windows XP)?
    1.1b How do I set up my IME (Windows 2000)?
    1.2 I don't have Windows XP or 2000! That doesn't work! Can I still do anything?
    1.3 OK, I have an IME installed, how do I sign up?
    1.4 I got the email, where is my login and password?
    1.5 I got the client as a rar file, what now?
    1.6 Where do I get the client?

Pre-gameplay issues
    2.1 How do I put in my Login/Password?
    2.2 I still don't have XP or 2000... And still can't type it in, what now?
    2.3 I can't connect to the patch server! What do I do?
    2.4 My computer sucks and I need to turn down the graphics! How?
    2.5 I put in my Login/Pass and selected the top option to play, but the game crashes to the desktop. Why?
    2.6 Umm, what do the options in the Options selection from the main menu mean?
    2.7 I'm getting error message 1xx or 9xx when I try to sign on! What do I do?
    2.8 How do I know if the server is actually down for maintenance or not?
    2.9 What do all these pre-gameplay menus mean?
    2.10 How can I tell my Section ID? They've changed from GC/XBox!

Gameplay Issues
    3.1 What do all these in-game menus mean?
    3.2 How do I open new stages?
    3.3 Can I play any old offline quests?
    3.4 I can't type at all! How do I type?
    3.5 I can't type in English! How do I do so?
    3.6 Ok, I can type in English but where are the English players?
    3.7 I can't read anything! What are these items?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-06-13 23:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-07-04 17:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2005-01-20 20:00 ]</font>

Brilliant, Arislan!

Also, you don't ACTUALLY have to set the IME settings to default japanese (well, for windows 2k anyway) - it is set so you can just press 'alt' and 'shift' to switch between IME settings.

And, 'I can open the chat box, but can't type/it's typing in english! - If you can't type, it's because your IME settings are incorrect. Please see above for more information. If eveything's coming out in Japanese when you type (press space to type), then hold 'alt and press ` (the button to the left of '1'). This should enable you to talk in normal english text. However, it tends to reset every now and again, so whenever you try to type and it's Japanese again, simply press alt and ` again and it should be alright.

~ Antimony

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Hmm, if anyone can test the Alt-shift in XP, check it out. I'm pretty sure I suggested it to others without success, so it may be a 2000/NT thing only. As for the tilde trick, should work great, I had forgotten how to get the secondary function on it (duh, alt stands for alternate you moron! ), and that should help quite a few people getting Romaji text much more easily.

Any chance of me making the game run a little smoother? Or is the GeForce II just not good enough?

The alt+shift does work for XP

Yep, Alt+Shift works perfectly for me in XP. ^_^

I updated the guide to include some preliminary graphics setup information about PSOBB.
    This should help you out a bit till I get more detailed information, Linkooseven. ^_^

Ugh, what the heck? I have it set to japanese when I start the game, but I can't type my login. >_> In fact, just trying to hit "enter" or the arrow keys takes at least 5 tries of pounding on the kb... I dunno what to do. =[

Oh man, I have registered completely, downloaded hte file, and extracted it and now I'm stuck here with a .cdi file and I have no idea what to do with it.
    Can I get some help or could you direct me to a guide please.

I've gotten to the ID entry screen but I am not able to type anything in... and as for lanuage packs, my computer didn't come with a windows XP disc that has the lanuage settings.... so am I screwed? Or is there anything that I can do to change the lanuage settings to japanese?

On 2004-05-23 14:23, LuciferSam wrote:
    Oh man, I have registered completely, downloaded hte file, and extracted it and now I'm stuck here with a .cdi file and I have no idea what to do with it.
    Can I get some help or could you direct me to a guide please.
    A .cdi file is a Diskjuggler CD Image file, use DJ to burn it to a CD.
    Alternatively, use Daemon Tools to load the CDI file as a virtual CD drive.
    Use google to find the places to download this, since I'm not sure of the actual download links.

Dragon_Ash: You're partially screwed, mostly because by law the place where you bought the PC HAD to give you a CD with the operative system they installed.