Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been away for quite some time, in fact since about November of last year, so 6 months ago. I had a lot of issues to resolve but we're not going to go into that... PSO is very, er... life consuming... shall we say and I'm contemplating a return, but got rather sick of all the fsoders and lobby spammers and dupes, etc... Not to get too heavy, but is it worth making a return online, have things gotten any better, or is it a matter of same old same old? I'd like to hear your points of veiw

Thanks

spammer and dupes will always exist not only on PSO but other games too.
    As for PSO i always choose the friends i play with or go to ships that don't have those morons. Its your choice.

See http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...322&forum=1&13 for a few opinions on the matter. A bit one-sided, but you get the idea.

Who cares if you come back. You're not like Jesus or anything, no one is awaiting your return you know

Well, it's not really much better. But there are still some non-idiots around. I'd like to do C-mode one of these days, and finding skilled players when I'm online is getting harder and harder. So stick around.

On 2004-05-29 08:36, Switchblayde wrote:
    Who cares if you come back. You're not like Jesus or anything, no one is awaiting your return you know
    She's not asking if we want her back, she's asking for our opinions on if online play is worth it. Some of us may not know her, but there is no reason for you or anyone else to talk to people like that...

Personally I think online play is great, just stick with the right people and it'll be a blast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shrike on 2004-05-29 10:07 ]</font>

Relax, Switchblayde; it's because of idiotic reactions like yours that some people sometimes contemplate the possibility of quitting PSO, so not to get annoyed by people who don't know how to measure their own tongue when speaking.

PSOGC is still good and has good people (since the majority of the bad ones already don't bother much with it), albeit the lack of actual user protections is rather appaling for me at the moment.
    If you have a good enough PC I'd recommend PSOBB, since it has protections against pretty much all the old plagues of PSODC, PSOGC, PSOPC and PSOX.

To summurise, PSOGC still has good people, still the same problems, but go for it; if you have a good PC, jump to PSOBB.

On 2004-05-29 08:36, Switchblayde wrote:
    Er... You really should think before you speak. Heh, anyways, Maia, just to update you on things... Jeff is level 200 now, and he and Jim both have Double cannons after a lot of piping. I dont use my HUmar at all anymore, and my FOmar is 161. Sabren is in the mid 180's. We have all been thinking about you since you left.

There are less fsoders/spammers now in my opinion, Sonic Team has started taking some action against them. There are people who steal serials/access keys, but that isnt a problem as long as you tell nobody what yours are. Antares 8 is pretty much empty now, and Deneb 9 is starting to seem like antares used to now. With the dupes/hacks problem, I always just stay in deserted ships and play with friends in locked games.

In my opinion, it has gotten better in terms of spammers, but there are still just as many, if not more, dupers. If you really dont like playing with them, just stay in legit only games or in locked games...

So, DOG21313, I can avoid being hacked online, right?! Just by avoiding suspicious people to go with you? Yeah, pretty cool(I tought that everybody could enter the game with you whitout any authorisation). Actually, I don't have the broadband to go online. I haven't bought it cos' I was afraid that I could lose all my characters(and all my work) just beacause of those damn cheaters/hackers.

On 2004-05-29 20:23, Blownsteel wrote:
    So, DOG21313, I can avoid being hacked online, right?! Just by avoiding suspicious people to go with you? Yeah, pretty cool(I tought that everybody could enter the game with you whitout any authorisation). Actually, I don't have the broadband to go online. I haven't bought it cos' I was afraid that I could lose all my characters(and all my work) just beacause of those damn cheaters/hackers.
    Yeah, you can avoid being hacked online. I've been online for nearly a year and nothing very bad has happened. The worst i have had happen to me is FSOD, where the game locks up, and i lost some items. You can avoid this if you only carry 1 rare weapon at all times and always keep it equipped, or you could back up your items (This involves duping though). If you dont want your serial/access key stolen or used, just dont give it to ANYONE. When you make a game online, you can put a password on it if you only want yourself and/or your friends in it. Im pretty sure that you cant just be hacked out of nowhere, so if some person your playing with says "Im gonna hax u!" Then they are probably bluffing. It is possible to lose your characters though, but it will most likely have nothing to do with the cheaters. If you FSOD while saving a game, it will most likely corrupt it. (I think it may save your characters if you pull out your memory card)

Heh, thats pretty much all i know, im not an expert on this stuff, but im pretty sure its all accurate. =/