Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, here we go, I'm about to undertake a monumental task, and see who want's to pitch in their 2 meseta. I know everyone has played PSO and thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if the game had this" or " I was hoping for something more like ?????"... I think you all get my point.

What would you like to see in a future version of PSO? What would make this game be all that everyone wants it to be?

At present time, Im sorting out my own details, What I think it should be like, and Im going to share it all with you once I get it a little more organized. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be shaping my Version of PSO for you right here, not with just text, but art as well.

Picture Ragol, a thousand years after the Pioneer 2 has colonized it... Cities and villages, and adventure that spans the continent of the planet. New classes, new weapons, new everything. Or at least new things based on what we know so far...

So until then, I would love to hear what you think?

Tell Me This Thread Didnt Rock!

PSO: Future, Back on top!? I'm amazed that this thread lives...

Is it time for more PSO: Future ideas to be posted?

I think it is.... watch here, they are coming.....

ya man we was talking on of topic about
    the future of games and online gaming and
    i rememberd that i read this a long ago
    so i wanted to bring it back.

Kawaii Chibi Catgirl

i think i put in 3 cents

O.o

~Talila

One of the things I kept hearing from different people about PSO, was the lack of the size of the world. It was simply too small. OK, so chalk it up to the fact that they just got there, and didnt really have a chance to explore the planet, especially since the main goal was to find out what happened to all the people from Pioneer 1.

So in keeping with the theme of PSO: Future, lets skip ahead a bit. Falz in dead, and the people of Pioneer 2 have colonized the planet. The actaul ship od Poneed 2 and its huge dome now serve as the capital City, while the smaller ships, Oberon, Ariel and so forth, have become smaller cities, villages and settlements across the planet.

Even better would be how each shipo/city represents itself. Much like the ships in PSO, cities would reflect the type of people that often inhabited them.

Oberon, or "Ober-Slum" as it has become commonly known, is rather large, but filled with seedy characters, criminals, and general unpleasant sorts. Illegal activites are everywhere, and the most diabolical of Hunters make there home's there.

On the similar note, The City of Miranda has become one of the more prominent cities, boasting a decent population of cooperative and civilized people. Many travellers from the far eastern cities have started a thriving community on Miranda.

Each city has its own story, some run by Clans, others so small that they have official affiliation to anyone.

What ship/city would you make your home? And what kind off attributes do you think each city might have? Cities of All Forces? Or and all Android city? Maybe cities would restrict what class of charcter would be able to enter... Just something else for you all to think about.

Where would you fit in PSO: Future?

On 2002-01-13 11:27, AC-420 wrote:
    Where would you fit in PSO: Future?
    Oberon has to be big, and really corrupted and dirty; PSO's New York. There's papers, you can live in there but it's at your own risk.

Titania is rather low in population but boasts some of the biggest industrial complexes on the planet. Would be fun to have missions in some of the factories.

Miranda should be a city located atop a hill or mountain, where the people are nice but very, very restrictive. No one under level 80 is allowed in there (assuming max level is 100)

Puck would be a chatoic town, where high class stuff co-exists with slum in some kind of patchwork/melting pot. There is constant terrorism from both parties: the thieves who have nothing, and the rich who have all, but don't give anything. Missions could be given in, say, stopping a terrorist attempt or hunt down thieves.

Ariel should be a coastal town. I've seen a lot of forces hanging out there, so the force population should be quite high.

Ophelia makes me think of PSOW member by the same name. The town should be located in a somewhat northern part of Ragol. There are crystalline formations at some points... AKA, the city's beautiful to look at. Mainly female human and newman populations.

Iapetus should be a medium-sized town, far from all others. In this town, people speak Japanese. No subtitles whatsoever. If you play the import, since Japanese people are supposed to play it, then the people will speak French (I have yet to see a Japanese guy knowing French more than English!)

Then there is that town called... I don't remember. You know the block for those 50Hz folks? Oh well. This town would be located onto some high-tech plateau, populated only by androids. Humans and newmans cannot enter. Missions would be given to restore something about to blow up somewhere. Make a joke quest about trying to find parts to fix a 50Hz TV! XD

Cordelia would be some kind of laid-back version of Miranda. The people are usually nice, not a lot of crime, but no high-quality stuff either. Great town for beginners and to learn about the world. It should be next door to Pioneer II.
    ---------------------------------------------
    BONUS TOWNS/AREAS:

Central Dome: Pioneer II settled a little far from CD because the threat of Dark Falz has disturbed a lot of people. You don't want to settle next to an "evil" place. In the new PSO, Central Dome would be home to remnants of the dark monsters

Mines: The mine caved in and part of it was exposed. Now, instead of having a ceiling above you, and technology all around, most of the stuff will be destroyed, crates will be lying around in some crazy manner, and you'll have to sneak between all sorts of things and obstacles. The area will be gloomy, but due to the golden sunlight, the place will feel secure and safe, at least until you encounter the first few monsters. In the second floor, the place is even darker than in PSO. NOTHING works, not even sparks to light up your way. There is some dark creeping stuff like in the Ruins floor 3. The robots have been infected by various dark monster parts.

Above the Ruins: Instead of going in, you are outside, maneuvering in some very large area, with large amounts of dark baddies. There should be some evil hunters and forces there as well. Corrupted by Dark Falz. If you remember, you could see outside the Ruins in PSO. Well now you can wander around in the big areas, possibly finding and looking into small spaceships of sorts.
    ---------------------------------------------
    NEW STUFF:

Piled-up Crates: Don't stack 'em next to each other. Pile up a few in cube, pyramid, whatever, give a partisan shot, and watch the whole thing tumble apart for you.

Switches that can be turned off: You can use toggling switches to make up a small puzzle of sorts.

Destructible environments: Slice at anything that catches your fancy to leave claw marks, bullet marks, sword marks, possibly breaking up walls to discover secret areas.

Map Generator: Taken from Super Metroid, you can find sports where it is possible to download pieces of the map without going there.

Item-Weapons: One-shot stuff like in FF7. Bombs that cast Barta, mines that explode into Rafoie, grenades, high-power guns with limited ammo, etc.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

WEll, I figured I'd bring back an old topic, see if anyone has anymore input, new people, new ideas, whatever...

Maybe Ill even throw up some new ideas as to what PSO:Future could be like.

Peace

WHAM! created rap (according to my mom)

Free Range killin, u get ur own lil space ship to fly around the planet, and u can land anywhere and just start killin but all paths eventually lead somewhere, to a boss or the like(as there are certain impassible pieces of terrain)..The launch base would be the persistant world, and the planet would be the team-mode. Well, i can dream...

every weapon needs slots that increase attacks and or adds magic attacks...also shields need to have slots...everthing needs more slots besides armor....also random weather change and night to day time change, where u fight diferent monsters, different times in de day something to add verrity to de game.