Thread: AIM proplem?

does anyone know how to unblock people that have blocked you? plz tell.

No. You can only unblock people that have you have blocked.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Heh, that's a question only a hacker can answer.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

New account :/ But still if they have you blocked they probably wont want to talk to you.
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

Well since this is a topic about AIM I've been having some massive problems with AIM, and my whole OS as a matter of fact. I think I have a very nasty virus. But none of my software can detect it. My whole OS moves very slow and it constantly tells me that I am running low on virtual memory. I've fixed the virtual memory to my own settings. Then it still tells me that my memory is low. So then I let windows configure it automatically, still low on memory.

SO then back onto the topic of AIM. When I sigh on the buddly list goes white, as if it were not responding. If I hit the X it will go into that end nonresponsive program bs. If I let it go it will eventually get to my buddy list. Now onto IMing people, when I IM people the program freezes up for a second then it will make the IM noise and show what I typed. I can do anything else while the IM freezes though. Just nothing to the AIM program. This all started recently.

If I restore my system to the first day it was opened, will it fix all the problems that I'm having? has anyone ever tried this? Or should I just send this stupid peice of shit DELL to the shop?

OUCH...

Yeah, give system restore a shot, but there's a good chance that it's not gonna work... I had a pretty large virus a few months back, and system restore wouldn't do jack. >_<
    Otherwise, back up everything you wanna keep and reformat that badboy. That, or send it in to get repaired, but chances are they're gonna have to reinstall the entire OS anyway, right? :/
    Viruses suck.

Or you could just try Trillian and see if that helps.

It's what I use.

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

I just swiped the whole HD and started over from scratch...there went my shared folder. 3 gigs!!! gone. At least I have my Cowboy bebop movie saved to CD, but maybe I shoulda done that to Counter Strike and Ragnarok too. ??? oh well. Everything is moving all fast again. I'm so happy. Time to DL AIM now, I tell you how it turns out.

PS OOOOO the update window just poped up. Sweet!!!

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

Here're some things that have worked for either myself or friends of mine.

1. Find a mutual friend to harass them into unblocking you.

2. E-mail them, tell them you've got their IP, and you're not afraid to use a Port Fucker or something of the sort on them.

3. Go to their house, and spraypaint "Unblock me or die." infront of their house.

4. New Accounts! It bugs the hell out of your friends, but it'll work.

5. You can fuck up their PC directly through the AIM client. I'm not gonna say how, but it can be done. You can get unblocked one way or another using this method.

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

On 2003-06-08 02:04, polishedweasel wrote:
    I just swiped the whole HD and started over from scratch...there went my shared folder. 3 gigs!!! gone. At least I have my Cowboy bebop movie saved to CD, but maybe I shoulda done that to Counter Strike and Ragnarok too. ??? oh well. Everything is moving all fast again. I'm so happy. Time to DL AIM now, I tell you how it turns out.

PS OOOOO the update window just poped up. Sweet!!!
    A Reformat may not have been necessary. I know one cause of problems are obsene amounts of Spyware and Adware and the like, which Virus Scanners do not detect.

As for the AIM thing, I had a similar problem a while back, and I just reinstalled AIM. Works fine for me now.