Chao Abuser

Say i have 3 friends at my house (i know 3 is pushin it abit but bear with me here...) and we want a 4player PSO game on my GC and each have our characters on our own GC memory cards. how will all 4 of us be able to play with our own characters? i think i read somewhere that the GC would load a character from each memory card at a time but wouldnt that cause a problem when somebody has to leave or when it comes to the end of the game how will players save any new weapons or raise in levels etc???

On 2002-06-02 15:04, RedFox wrote:
    Say i have 3 friends at my house (i know 3 is pushin it abit but bear with me here...) and we want a 4player PSO game on my GC and each have our characters on our own GC memory cards. how will all 4 of us be able to play with our own characters? i think i read somewhere that the GC would load a character from each memory card at a time but wouldnt that cause a problem when somebody has to leave or when it comes to the end of the game how will players save any new weapons or raise in levels etc???
    What would be done is that two people will put their memory cards and load their characters, they take it out, and the other two put theirs to load too, then they take it out. They then put the other two and those will temporarily save the other characters and when they quit one of the first two players will leave his memory card and the other would take out his, then the owner of the character on his friends plugged in memory card would put his in and transfer all progress to his memory card. That's it pretty much, you'd do the same with the other one.
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

A Good Read >>>

This is how I envision it working:

1. Player 1 puts his memory card in slot 1 and that one will stay in through the duration of the game.

2. Player 2 puts his card in memory card slot 2 and transfers it over to Player 1's 'Temporary' slot 1/3.

3. Player 3 puts his card in memory card slot 2 and transfers it over to Player 1's 'Temporary' slot 2/3.

4. Player 4 puts his card in memory card slot 2 and transfers it over to Player 1's 'Temporary' slot 3/3.

5. Now everyone has their characters on player 1's memory card in slot 1. They play, level up, etc.

6. When everyone quits the game and exits out players 2, 3 and 4 will be asked to take turns in transfering their characters back over one at a time using slot 2.

I think there are like 5 topics like this already. Don't people know how to go past page one?