Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

Bear with me here guys if I ask anything stupid and suchl I probably won't be able to get to play till the GC version is released anywho...

First I'll ask about mags.. Are they sort of like the "summons" of PSO? More like FF8 summons... they did a big attack and they also gave you stat enhances. Also, does everyone start out with the same looking mag?

Ok. Is the GC version expected to have quests and such like the DC ones? And are those quests add-ons to the storyline, just things for fun, or both?

Lastly I have questions about the customibility (is that even a word??) of the game. How much can you change on your character? Like hair, face, and costumes (I assume costumes are clothes). Also.. how many colors are possible.. and can you make a part of an outfit one color, then another part something else. I would prefer an answer from the GC trial version if ANYONE can manage to get that. Ok very last question. Is it incredibly easy to end up finding someone looking exactly you even if you tried to go into being totally unique? (Toughie I know.)

Alright well thanks for the info!

Ok most of your questions can be answered from PSO and PSOv2 on DC, but just assume GC wont stray to far from what it was...

Mags, yes you can say they have "Summons" you have a Photon Meter and when you right enemies and get attacked it rasises when it reaches 100 you can uleash a Photon Blast, you mag can learn up to 3 photon blast wich do difernt things like refil health, attack enemies, raise your attack and defense and a few others, depending on how you raise your mag depends on which 3 they learn...

Yes it will have quests, some are for fun, but other explain more about the genereal world of PSO, sure you could do just fine without playing them but then you wouldnt get all the nifty rare weaps...

On your characters you can customize hieght, weight, hair, face, head for robots, color, color is just the over all color scheme, but they may change that in GC pso... You can change your characters apperance at any time for some meseta (pso money) its not too often you see a twin, theres usually a little differnce, like ive seen my mini me before

I hope that answers your questions

On 2002-06-03 14:04, DarthWufei wrote:
    Bear with me here guys if I ask anything stupid and suchl I probably won't be able to get to play till the GC version is released anywho...

First I'll ask about mags.. Are they sort of like the "summons" of PSO? More like FF8 summons... they did a big attack and they also gave you stat enhances. Also, does everyone start out with the same looking mag?

Ok. Is the GC version expected to have quests and such like the DC ones? And are those quests add-ons to the storyline, just things for fun, or both?

Lastly I have questions about the customibility (is that even a word??) of the game. How much can you change on your character? Like hair, face, and costumes (I assume costumes are clothes). Also.. how many colors are possible.. and can you make a part of an outfit one color, then another part something else. I would prefer an answer from the GC trial version if ANYONE can manage to get that. Ok very last question. Is it incredibly easy to end up finding someone looking exactly you even if you tried to go into being totally unique? (Toughie I know.)

Alright well thanks for the info!

I tend to think of mags more as a cross between limit breaks (the FFVII kind) and summons, 'cause you need to charge them up first before using them, and you charge them up by taking damage

I would guess the GC version has quests too, no reason why it shouldn't... you don't really need to do them but most of them give you a better understanding of the storyline, others are really just to kill time/get a reward

You can customise your character but not really very much, there are a few different faces, hair styles, costumes to choose from as well as being able to choose a face colour and a costume colour... The only aspects you have real control over are proportions and hair colour (you can sort of mix your own hair colour), there may be more options but I can't remember o_O (by the way, Androids have less options to choose from, because... they don't really have hair)

Whether you meet anyone that looks exactly like you depends on what you look like, if you base your character on some other anime/video game character say... Sephiroth, then there is no doubt you will see others like yourself. However I haven't seen anyone that looks like my character ever because I gave him quite a unique look, whether there is anyone like Reno I have no idea though...

Mags are there primarily for raising your stats. They also do various things (heal you, make you invincible, cast shifta/deband) at various times (100 pb, 10% health, start of boss battle)

If you're looking for a game that has depth and a good story, don't play PSO. Like most MMORPGs, PSO doesn't have much of a story. Quests are mainly a switch of pace from the regualar game, and usually have rewards for completing them.

You cannot alter a part of a costume. Main features are:

For Human/Newman:

Costume
    Hair (style, color)
    Body (size, color)
    face

For Android:

Body (size, color)
    Head

Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

What about this "costume" thing I hear about? I noticed something when watching this video of a FOmar being created.. and he choose whether to have an outfit with a hat, or not. Anyone care to elaborate on this..?

A Good Read >>>

The costumes are pre-determined based on colour. Different colour costumes will have different designs to them. Though the heads you get to choose from feature different looks, sizes and accesories. So for instance head 2 out of 9 may feature a hat, while head 6 out of 9 may feature a different hat and head 7/9 could have no hat and a pair of glasses instead, etc, etc.

Rappies on a stick! Only a Farthing!

Not too sure about the GC version for character creation, but in the DC version each class of character had their own specific styles.

The characters are designed by the player using a range of pre-programmed faces, skin tones, uniform colours and hair styles or headgear.

The Fomar is a force, and Forces tend to have weird outfits with outrageous hats and elaborate costumes, a bit like Elton John at times...

Not all the characters will have the option of hat though, I think...

Hunter characters tend just to get different hairstyles, as their outfits are more practical than Forces' costumes.

Rangers are also wear practical outfits, but can also come equipped with helmets or visors and different blends of face-paint.

All of these, though they may look impressive, are purely cosmetic and have no effect on the game.

AFPSOW

Actually, you *can* customize a little your characters outfit. Certain armors and shields are visible (v2 ones only) and you can see them. For instance, my HUnewearl Shotie has a Safety Heart, which looks like a big pink heart thats on her wrist. The matching armor has little hearts that float around her.
    But that is really as far as that goes-except mags are all totally different (there's over 40 mags to get) and you can use them to customize your appearance as well.

Otherwise, it's like everyone else said, it's based on color. Typically, the colors are red, blue, yellow, green, purple, white, black, and two miscellanous colors that change depending on the individual characters. For example, for RAcaseals, the two hidden costumes are bright red (instead of pink) and glowing, pastel green.

There are always 9 costume choices, and depending on the class, anywhere from 5 t0 20 "head" options available to choose from, depending on which costume you choose, and which color you pick, etc.