I am tired of hearing this crap about everything affecting the droprates... it is all luck! Duping, stacking, hacking does not... I repeat DOES NOT affect drop rates!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shrike on 2004-06-28 15:43 ]</font>

Hacked mags DO effect drop rates in PSOX and PSO+, or so I hear. As for anything else, it's unconfirmed. Probably anecdotes from from people facing droughts. Lets face it, lots of people have gone for long periods of time without finding rares, some get paranoid.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

PSO+ is a 100%. PSOX is unconfirmed but looking to have the same effects. Please, before making ANOTHER thread, look at the previous dozen or so on the subject, some of which are still on the first page.

Sorry, forgot about PSO+. As for X-Box, it just sounds to me like people are just paranoid.

An Extremely Common Replica

Its true, Hacked mags lower all drop rates to 0%. That is only on PSO-X though. I haven't played PSOGC or PSO+ to know about them.

This subject keeps coming over and over again. I play POSX online and I can guarantee you the following :

Hacked mag does affect drop rate if you create a game online. I had a hacked mag that was given to me on the first day I started a new char on Apatite. I didn't find any rare for 35 hours of continuous game play. I was at level 50 and didn't find 1 rare. not even a photon drop. Then I decided to ditch the mag and 30 min laters, I was finding 3 or 4 rare on every runs. sometime I even found 2 rare in the same room.

You will always find a "Pseudo-cracker" who will tell you that they have decompile the game and has found nothing that indicated such a drop rate % but take it from my me : It does affect drop rate %

So, Shrike, seeing as how you're on the GameCube, you base your position on WHAT exactly?

Did the little gnomes inform you?

I'm on the Xbox, and hacked mags most certainly affect drop rate. I've got over 1000 hours logged onto it and it's becoming more and more apparent that those mags do somehow affect drop rates.

For Christ's sake, at least make a feeble attempt to back up your opinion.

Veterinarian Fighter

Stacking items has a definite effect on PSOX, online and offline as well. This has been confirmed by someone who knows this game extremely well and tried it theirself noticing the dissapearance of red boxes. It is true. Who needs that crap anyway.

I'm sorry i brought it up, no need for everyone to ge so pissy. please consider this topic locked, thank you.