Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Have anyone got it? I know of a way to but I don't know if it actually works and am wondering if you have got it by doing these steps:

1. In Ultimate Mode, equip whatever equipments you use and hold a weapon or armor that can decrease your HP to be able to kill yourself such as: Lavis Cannon; Twin Blaze: Yami; Soul Banish; etc..

2. Go through Ruins and kill Dark Falz.

3. Don't enter the teleporter when you defeated Dark Falz.

4. While still in the area, kill yourself with any weapon that can kill you like these examples I mentioned in step 1.

5. When your HP hits 0, return to Pioneer 2.

6. Return to the area where you defeated Dark Falz.

7. You now have a chance of getting a Red Ring there (with a chance of 1/64 or whatever for the Red Ring to be there every time you try).

Did that really work? I know that ST have not yet let the Red Ring to be dropped so it'll have to be obtainable online only if ST will ever let it to have a chance for Dark Falz to drop it. But by performing this "glitch" by doing the steps I mentioned above, does it really work? Have some of you here got a Red Ring this way? I have read somewhere that if you got an item that is not normally programmed for you to get yet, you won't be able to get another red box (rare item)?

zoiby want balloon! zoiby want balloon now!

there are a lot of rumored methods for obtaining the dark falz and olga flow drops, but the fact is that both bosses have 0% drop rates. they cannot drop anything. while the method you've presented is certainly an interesting idea, i do not see why it would work when the drop rate is 0%.

as for an item preventing you from finding rares, i know that on xbox there are a couple hacked items (1308 mags, for example) and cheat methods (stacking) that are proven to prevent one from finding rares. as to whether or not a red ring found by the method you've detailed would do the same i can't say.

I don't think anyone has been inventive enough to try your method for finding a Red Ring. The fact is, though, that every Red Ring in the game is a hack at this point, because nobody has found a way to legitly get one. So many people think that Red Rings are legit though... I saw a guy wearing one who claimed to be legit and called me a loser when I pointed out that all Red Rings are hacks.

This method has been suggested some time ago. I know of people swearing they got it that way. And a few more that swear they got Parasitic Gene Flow by doing it at Olga Flow. It got to the point were people promised to post videos of doing it. And then it all went silent. Apparently there was 1 post on some other site with the video. But before I could view it, it was taken off again. So, for now we have believers and disbelievers, and no proof whatsoever.

@LoreSeeker. If those people who claim to have found it are right, some people have been inventive and persistent enough to do it. Although, ofcourse noone has delivered any proof.
    For the rest of it, I agree. If you see a Red Ring (or any of the 3 Dark Weapons) it's a hack. Until that video is posted, consider anyone claiming otherwise either a fool or a lyer

I knew that method had been suggested some time ago, I can't stop wondering whether this really does work or not. I didn't have the answer for that some time ago, so I'm still wondering if anyone finally know the answer up to now. That's why I posted this topic up.

On 2004-07-11 10:19, jspacemunkey wrote:
    ...while the method you've presented is certainly an interesting idea, i do not see why it would work when the drop rate is 0%...
    The method I've presented is performing a glitch to have the Red Ring a chance to drop in its standard drop rate of 1/64 (that's its chance to be dropped before it becomes 0%). And that standard drop rate happens to be not 0%... You do know what a game glitch is, don't you? But some people and I here don't know for certain that this method actually does work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-07-11 13:02 ]</font>

Human After All

On 2004-07-11 12:50, Jason wrote:

The method I've presented is performing a glitch
    If its a glitch then its still not legit. Utilizing a glitch is cheating.

On 2004-07-11 13:40, Quo wrote:
    Then the game cheats quite often. There is the can't hit enemies even though you are in the same room (but next to a hall, best example is the last room of Ruins), FSOD, BSOD, FSOD-X, autotargetting boxes in another room, and more.

Actually, this may not uite be considered a glitch. You don't do anything harmful to the game. You may not be glitching the game, but rather allowing the game to drop something.

And cheats work 100% of the time. This has large chance of not working (I think it uses 1/64 for this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-11 14:07 ]</font>

zoiby want balloon! zoiby want balloon now!

yes, i know what a "glitch" is. there's no need to act patronizing. what i was attempting to convey was my incredulity at such a thing actually working. ultimately, there's one point that can't be ignored: pso did not hit store shelves yesterday. if the exploit you've mentioned actually worked everyone would would be aware of it by now.

superguppie -- i'd tend to be wary of any movies made to prove that this exploit works because it would be very easy to fake a successful attempt. all you'd need is a hacked red ring, and we all know there are plenty of those around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-11 14:22 ]</font>

Human After All

On 2004-07-11 14:05, Ketchup345 wrote:
    On 2004-07-11 13:40, Quo wrote:
    Then the game cheats quite often. There is the can't hit enemies even though you are in the same room (but next to a hall, best example is the last room of Ruins), FSOD, BSOD, FSOD-X, autotargetting boxes in another room, and more.

Actually, this may not uite be considered a glitch. You don't do anything harmful to the game. You may not be glitching the game, but rather allowing the game to drop something.

And cheats work 100% of the time. This has large chance of not working (I think it uses 1/64 for this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-11 14:07 ]</font>
    So, then the game cheats. Games do that a lot. That doesn't mean we should cheat to even the field.

Not all cheats work 100% of the time. Hacks work 100% of the time (given that the hacker knows what he's doing), but there are other forms of cheating. And, if this glitch works, it does work 100% of the time. Its purpose is not to get the Red Ring; its purpose is to activate DF/OF's drop rates. If it worked it would give you a 1/64 chance everytime you did it, thus cheating.

The simple point is this: Sonic Team doesn't want us to have the Red Ring or Parasitic Gene: Flow yet. So, we should have them. Anyone who has it does so illegitimately anyway they went about getting it.

A while ago, I remember Sou saying that the programmers can't turn the drop on or off online. This means that they can't update the servers and make the drop work. It is the way the game was programmed. So, they would have to release a new version of the game to get the drop to work. That is the reason that many people believe Jason's way is the one that works. I would think that ST wouldn't make that big of a mistake to turn the drop totally off and not have it able to turn on. I think Jason's method might work, and I may test it soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cc08 on 2004-07-11 14:29 ]</font>