Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

O_o thx guys,
    I wont hold back my punches next time against double Kaladblolg users

Well if a kaladbolg user is against a tech deck, I think I have every right to use my al rappy.
    and run. I seriously hate that. And all AC disruptor does is let you attack same range, base damage. Ability trap blocks freeze acid etc, but not range attacks like punch.

On 2004-07-13 06:41, Capricornus wrote:
    On 2004-07-13 04:14, Superguppie wrote:
    I agree that cheap decks can make the game boring. But that's the problem with games. The only thing that counts in the end is winning. And a winning strategy is a winning strategy, no matter how ugly it is.
    I've been thinking. I think a deck with a lot of Rampage things in it might help against cheap Hero decks. And multi-hitters might do the same for cheap Arkz decks. I haven't tried any of this so far though.
    In my main deck I have some cheap cards and some expensive cards and some inbetween cards. It seems to work fine for me. Even beat some people with relatively cheap decks. Although I have to admit that using the cheap cards in my deck makes things easier in the beginning, I still like ripping out my Y3000 and do some serious damage in the end-game...
    I really would like you to see use your punch and Yas3k on a FO-rukmin-brave hammer-charity-dice fever team deck -> Rukmin is an action disruptor (no action cards can be used in ur attacks) and they do defend attacks with decline, brave hammer declines too (with additional cane guards and resists)

The only way I could dammage them was with my slicer (which I always keep in deck to punch low costers)and wok (shield killer).
    Still didnt had any assitless cards however

There's worse seneroi's I don't think you have faced, yet. I ran across a few of these decks. The worse one's have been one's with fix. Then they load the decks with solids. You people do the math.
    No damage. I couldn't even touch these guys. I'm not bad at the game either. And they just bide their time (team match), then they unleased two grants on me. Didn't even stand a chance.

Like was posted earlier winning is winning either way. I like to play the game with honor, though. It makes it funner for me. In a rematch with a deck like this I'd use my hp/ap swapper deck.

It works wonders. Ap silences, Burning Visits, and Slicers of Assaian can kill a huge aray of items. It isn't much for AC damage sadly... But it fairs well against cheap decks that depend on Assits. (not saying assists are cheap)

Ultima

well 1st of all rukmin is no a ac disrupter, savitri is.

and u seem to forget that there are weapons that half some creatures, for mc decks red slicer and churul work very well.for slime decks imperial pick and sonit make those usless, i had the plesure of destroying a slime dec cause i kept equiping imerial picks and kept throwing up territory and assitless and they where only doing 1 damage to me. so if u play hero keep this into account.

as far as rukim dice fever charity goes yes asstless an punisment, for rukmin, and anything that has ap/hp switch wll kill brave hammer easy, i e windmill, flame visit or just change attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-07-19 15:08 ]</font>

On 2004-07-19 15:05, Lede wrote:
    well 1st of all rukmin is no a ac disrupter, savitri is.

and u seem to forget that there are weapons that half some creatures, for mc decks red slicer and churul work very well.for slime decks imperial pick and sonit make those usless, i had the plesure of destroying a slime dec cause i kept equiping imerial picks and kept throwing up territory and assitless and they where only doing 1 damage to me. so if u play hero keep this into account.

as far as rukim dice fever charity goes yes asstless an punisment, for rukmin, and anything that has ap/hp switch wll kill brave hammer easy, i e windmill, flame visit or just change attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-07-19 15:08 ]</font>
    My post makes perfect sense if you correct my typo, its indeed a Savitri I meant instead of a Rukmin.

Why I do keep confusing both mags is beyond common sense

And yes, there are even worse decks I discovered in the mean time, but beating some of those cheap decks gives a nice degree of satisfaction

ST are running the 'Card Revolution' thing again, which 'almost' killed off the pouilly decks if I'm not mistaken. Would be best to wait for this to end before developing any cheap deck counters.

After I got to thinking... if you hate cheap people, but want to counter them... hmm...

Well, assistless territory isn't any more cheap than slimes were.

Really, it's luck, because if I name my deck 463, who the hell s going to know what to expect? All it is is making the right guess on what deck to use... if you are extreme, do the assist combos every deck. I think of these opponents as a challenge.

Besides, there are other quick fix cards yuo are not considering. Fly and Rati for example.

Sealed J sword...... come on people. These things must be annoying as the 'cheap' decks are.

It is clear to me you haven't met too many of those cheap decks yet. Luckily I haven't met a lot of'em either. At first they look like a challenge. However, after a few, you really start wondering wtf to do about'em. A normal balanced deck just doesn't cut it. And that can be pretty annoying. Hence this topic.
    If a defence against cheap decks is a matter of a few cards in a deck, it is no problem to sacrifice a few spots in the deck to be safe and it will be adopted by many quickly. Then the cheap deck players will start losing in streaks, prompting them to abandon their (then useless) decks. If anyone finds such a definitive defence, this topic is where to post it.

The bigest problem with some defences is the cost. A high cost defence is hard to play because you do need the dice to do so. Which doesn't go for the cheap deck opponent. If there were a simple effective defence we would already have it.

When I play 4-player decks with my regular team-mate, we both put in 1x Territory, 1x Assistless and in hero decks 1x Card Vanish. I also usually take 1x Tornado and him 1x Virus (He doesn't have Tornado yet).

We generally beat Slime users we face, and cheap MC decks around 2 times out 3 (depending on dice).

That sounds like a good defensive strategy. Not too many cards doing the trick. Now all I have to do is GET these cards...
    May take some time, as I don't play Ep3 that much. Still stuck in Ep1&2