Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultima

Well and they are considerd cheap becuase as it was stated thru diffret means and from a freind today, as they are concnerd cheap becuase all the players are doing s taking full advantage of the monsters ability, i e clone with sinow beats, atk ange wth recons, limited action with glich and his high cost slayer with makes damag worse for high cost items,

like if u faced a creinu user and al they did was set out high hp low cost items, such as monest, wolf or jut gaurd creatures and they ept usng imortallity, they would be labled as cheap by the opposing team, because its just taking advantage of her ability.. to fix things like ths, you have to now there ability and try to nutralize it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-08-08 00:39 ]</font>

Ive never seen any of those cheap decks. but i battled acheap

Arkz deck

A bunch of Guards creatures+Immortal assit card.
    ANNOYING
    Only way to beat that is assit trash

On 2004-09-06 19:02, Psonewbie2 wrote:
    Ive never seen any of those cheap decks. but i battled acheap

Arkz deck

A bunch of Guards creatures+Immortal assit card.
    ANNOYING
    Only way to beat that is assit trash
    If no assistless is in play then you can overwrite that immortality with whatever assist card you have (even a 'dice+1' by exemple will do the job)

Mercenary

Some other vs cheap tips, they sit ok in general decks (rather than specific cheap counter-decks), unfortunately they do require cards you won't have at the start of the game (doesn't take too long to get though):

----------------------

- Assistless is available from the shop as a Special Coin, while hard to get it's the most reliable way. AFAIK the value of the cash spent in the shop doesn't affect the chance of a Coin, so buy 50 meseta cards if you're going for a Special.

- Play Territory with Assistless (Territory first of course) vs spam / Slimes.

- Assist Vanish is good for clearing multiple Mine Brightness / Cave Wind before an Assistless, or if you don't have Assistless at least it clears what's down. Available from the shop, not rare.

- If you don't have Assistless yet, take cheap Assist cards (DON'T use expensive ones, 1-2 pts is best) that help you clear the enemy AP boosters.

- Snails Pace is good vs Slime decks on medium / larger maps, particularly when you have ranged attacks. Also available from the Shop.

- Creatures with the 'Warp' ability (e.g. Sinows, Sorcerers) are very effective vs cheap decks that block the route to the Story Characters with small creatures. Just warp past.

- Tornado & Virus are great vs cheap MC decks.

- Status effects are good vs Slimes, e.g. freeze / hold. Take HS25 Justice / Gibarta / Rabarta.

- Be careful with Defence cards vs AP boosters, e.g. Mine Brightness and Cave Wind, things that affect enemy stats (such as TP Defence or Weakness) won't work. The defence card only affects the base creature itself, the Assist's AP boost applies afterwards.

- Area effect damage. Have many ways of hitting multi on different patterns, with extra damage. Either take a character with Fixed or plenty of Slash / Heavy Slash / Round Slay / Stab etc. Most cheap decks use low HP creatures, even Slime is only 6HP these days - multi hits can take out several at once.

- Don't panic, keep an eye on the game time. If you can keep destroying the cheap creatures and playing def cards, you'll be ahead on EX dice before them - a big help.

----------------------

As I said, these cards can sit well in general decks too. Warp creatures are a bit specific granted, but the others hold.

I have 1x Assistless (minimum) and 1x Territory in all vs Human decks, those 2 cards help me fight most cheapers without clogging my deck, and are useful against others too. Many decks I also take 1 Assist Vanish.

If you don't have Assistless yet, take a couple of Vanish. Doesn't help when they play AP boost assists and attack on their turn, but Vanish also clears dice so they are unlikely to be able to set creatures, assists and do big damage in a single turn. If they're way ahead on EX dice then you've lost anyway hehe.

Territory is good vs many sorts of spam (such as Kaldabolg x4) and cheap-cost theme decks (e.g. Inolis Mace of Adaman). Assist Vanish is useful vs 6-7 pter decks that need high dice, and any low-cost deck that uses Assist boosts. Also good vs the Charity / Dice Fever thing, especially if you also play Assistless - the Viviana deck becomes pretty useless if it can't get started early. Only 1 point to play too, plenty left to attack.
    Very nice article for anti-spam decks, but i believe that Heavy Fog would be useful against Indi Belra+ spam decks.

On 2005-08-02 09:12, Bal wrote:
    Very nice article for anti-spam decks, but i believe that Heavy Fog would be useful against Indi Belra+ spam decks.
    That post was written before the Indi Belra+ was released.