View Poll Results: I bought Ep 3 about 2 weeks or so ago I have managed to clock up about 48 hours playing time on it a

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I genuinely really enjoy playing this

11 36.67%
  • It's ok, but it doesn't rock my world

10 33.33%
  • It's a bit crappy, but it's PSO!!!!

6 20.00%
  • I have no idea why I'm playing this POS

3 10.00%
  • Usher has got to be about 3 foot tall MAX!!!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I bought Ep 3 about 2 weeks or so ago I have managed to clock up about 48 hours playing time on it already, roughly 3 hours a day... My character is up to level 18 offline and I havent made it online yet...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... I have to ask myself am I really enjoying this game!!!

When I read about what it was going to be like [ie a card based game] I almost blew a gasket and posted a message on the forum saying it was going to be some really bad Yugi rip off or cashin... [you choose?]

Having played it all I can really think is... OMG it's soooooooooooooo damn slow!!! and i really dont think that I can invest the time that I spend with Eps 1 & 2 on something that really hasn't caught my attention...

Am I alone here... is it just not MY cup of tea but everyone elses Earl Grey??? Can you honestly put your hand on your heart and say you like this game..?

Well. The only moment I see the game is slow is when I look at the clock and see it's way past bedtime...again. So I guess I sort of enjoy it.
    However. I have noticed that I only enjoy it when online with friends. It's like laying some cards in the pub. It's not the game that's good, it's the community activity.
    The game is just too random for me. I can have a killer deck and loose from someone with the most useless deck I've ever seen, just because I get a lousy hand and crap dice. All those people with high levels and tournament ranks don't impress me. It only shows how much they like playing cards, not how good they really are.
    That's ok when just having fun with some friends, but NOT as a game to play on my own. So, I guess I'll never finish the great storyline, and it will take me a looooong time before ever getting near a complete collection (IF that ever happens...)
    For now I enjoy Ep1&2 a lot more. I still have goals I want to reach after over a year of almost dayly playing it.

Playing with a friend in a tournament is one of the best things in the game. It requires a lot more thought than Episode I & II - it's basically Advance Wars with swords and bears.

I love it at the moment, i play on my own in the morning and with friends at night, ive clocked up over 500 hours.

Through the Fire and Flames

Playing online far surpasses playing the offline portion of the game. Also, as you raise your level, you will find better cards, which can then be used to make better decks that get the job done more effectivley and quickly.

Using some really amazing combos is a lot of fun, and the build up to using them on your unsuspecting "prey" makes it even better Just try and get online, and you should find the game much more enjoyable.

One thing... It has Sil'fer.

I like this game. I disagree with the exact Adv Wars part though (ones better!). I like the fact that I get new cards and can try new stuff. The problem is I have to get those cards before I can make any good decks. Also, I've clocked in plunty of hours with my a great amount of wins, and am only at lvl 18.

Humans rarly join tournys on US ships too (that or they don't show...)

Its also takes quite a bit of luck to get into a game...

after all those factors, its great.

I gotta say that Episode 3 has already managed to find pride of place at the bottom of my draw, right underneath my dirty underwear!

I got a copy when it came out recently and it has just bored the tears off me. I tried to return it, but Game said that it wasn't covered in their 10 day return policy! I wonder if Gamestation will take it???

Angelic Were-Tiger

well I actually like playing it, switching between the 2 every other day has become a habit for me (can't let myself get TOO rusty)

Sil'fer is okay... but I think they gave her alittle bit too much in front for still being a teen kinda broke the perfection

though I think it's awesome she out beats Mr.HUcast in power, that's just great

On 2004-08-02 18:33, PyroticTigerX wrote:
    Sil'fer is okay... but I think they gave her alittle bit too much in front for still being a teen kinda broke the perfection
    Uhhhh, ever heard of silicons?

And please, don't bump a topic this old....