View Poll Results: First of all i looked at the guides and i actually know all the uber ra weapons,but i want your opin

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yas 2000

0 0%
  • Yas 6000

0 0%
  • Frozen Shooter

4 23.53%
  • Spread Needle

9 52.94%
  • Yas 9000

3 17.65%
  • Heaven Punisher

0 0%
  • GI Gue Bazooka

0 0%
  • Red Mechgun

0 0%
  • Other?

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ra Ult Weapons

First of all i looked at the guides and i actually know all the uber ra weapons,but i want your opinion on which are the most usefull (my brother wants to know)tell me!

it's really tough to answer that question, because different RA weapons would be better/safer/kill faster in different situations. Here is my opinion though:

-Frozen shooter: this is the safest gun around, period. It's really good for lower level characters since it has a decent ATP boost as well. You can get through any part of the game with this weapon with relative ease, just because of it's insane special. So it's easy to use and effective, but doesn't kill nearly as fast as say...

-Yas 9000M: This is my favorite mechgun, and I would say the MOST effective for a single enemy. Yes, it's not the most powerful mechgun (red mechguns barely beat it, and GuldMilla has about 100 more power), but that's not what makes it the best. The best thing about it is it has rifle range, but it's a mechgun! So, you can punish enemies with a flurry of mechgun attacks from a loooong ways away, making it safer and also faster (since you don't have to walk toward enemies/have them walk toward you). However, if you've got more than one single enemy...

-Spread Needle: This is the most effective weapon for multiple groups (discounting S-rank needles). The ATP may not look like anything, but it attacks with rifle speed which makes it put out more dmg/sec than any other spread weapon. Also, it's special (paralysis) is SO useful! it doesn't hit nearly as often as say, the frozen shooter, but still it can paralyze multiple enemies at a time, and being able to stop whole hordes of enemies coming at you at once is an invaluable tool.

So anyway, those are my 3 choices. I keep all 3 on my RAmar, and use them each in different situations. But if you just need one to start out with, get the Frozen Shooter first; it'll make going through the rest of the game a breeze, and it's easiest to find out of the 3!

--fatty

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FattyMcGee on 2004-08-10 13:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FattyMcGee on 2004-08-10 13:05 ]</font>

My Ramarl and Racaseal use the 3 Things a ranger could ever need as the post above says.

Needle
    Frozen Shooter
    Yas9ks

Not much can deal with that The Ranger "triforce"

Edit; Yas6k?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Waddler on 2004-08-10 14:08 ]</font>

*shakes sleepiness from brain*

In terms of overall usefullness, there are several godly RAnger weapons. Generally a combination of a Mechgun, a Rifle, and a Needle/Shot.

Mechguns:
    ~Yasminkov9000M
    ~Red Mechguns
    ~Guld Milla (if you can find one x_x)

Rifle:
    ~Frozen Shooter
    ~Snow Queen

Needle/Shot
    ~Spread/S-Rank Needle
    ~S-Rank Shot

Those are amoung the most useful RAnger weapons, there are others can have their uses, but these are the creme de la creme.

The thing is I don't think rangers should only use just one weapon. I usually use Yas9000M with a snowqueen or a frozenshooter. But if you wanna deal hardcore damage... Berserk Vulcans. XD Guld Milla is always a hardcore mech.

Directions to use Ranger (MegamanX style)
    1. 1st, equip rifle known as "Frozen Shooter". Then, fire at enemy target with Extra Attack feature.
    2. If hit confirmed, pull up the Weapon Equipment List by holding down R and pressing X (for gamecube version).
    3. Then, equip the Yasminkov 9000M.
    4. Fire at it fiercly (in this order):
    (1) Standard Attack
    (2) Heavy Attack
    (3) Heavy Attack
    5. If target remains, repeat process.
    6. If target becomes out of frozen state, switch back to frozen shooter through the Weapon Equipment List, and use Extra attack function.
    7. Repeat killing process.

Note: If surrounded by overwhelming forces, equip the "Spread Needle" and fire using Standard, Heavy, then Heavy again.

(don't you love those directions??? They should be in the instruction manuel)

On 2004-08-10 16:10, MegamanX wrote:
    Directions to use Ranger (MegamanX style)
    1. 1st, equip rifle known as "Frozen Shooter". Then, fire at enemy target with Extra Attack feature.
    2. If hit confirmed, pull up the Weapon Equipment List by holding down R and pressing X (for gamecube version).
    3. Then, equip the Yasminkov 9000M.
    4. Fire at it fiercly (in this order):
    (1) Standard Attack
    (2) Heavy Attack
    (3) Heavy Attack
    5. If target remains, repeat process.
    6. If target becomes out of frozen state, switch back to frozen shooter through the Weapon Equipment List, and use Extra attack function.
    7. Repeat killing process.

Note: If surrounded by overwhelming forces, equip the "Spread Needle" and fire using Standard, Heavy, then Heavy again.

(don't you love those directions??? They should be in the instruction manuel)
    i assume it IS deliberately meant to sound like poorly translated japanese?

On 2004-08-10 16:21, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

i assume it IS deliberately meant to sound like poorly translated japanese?
    Yea.... ofcourse... um, it was my plan from the beginning

Well since some of us RAs lack these uber things... :/

Bah. I'll say what i find useful.

1. Frozen Shooter, Blah You know the drill.
    2. A Mech. Not just the Yashy 9 (its nice...) but any will do.
    3. A Justy Rifle or a Weapon with Demon/Devil Effect. Since You cant imagine how helpful it is to lower a big baddie like a Indi Belra's HP by 1/2 of down to a 1/4.

Now here is where i tend differently.
    Rangers have a good attack power. And godly ATA. So they can use nice HU weapons like Sabers, Slicers and Partisans (yesh. But not the Rare 9 Starred and above) So instead of the slow Shots i'd use a Partisan to dish out multi targets. And if yer a Ramarl or Ramar... a Mind Gun/Double Saber is nice to recover TP if your being a TP Slave.

But thats my take on the dice.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

I dont know too much about good ranger weapons (can only tell you about FS, and some others my friend got off a duper). I would go for FS since its easier to get (pipe off a Hildetorr). Plus ranger werent ment for power, they were ment for support, so a FS is perfect (you freeze, the hunter does the dmg to kill it). I would also suggest finding any kind of Mechguns with good hit % (even if its Reapeater or Vulcan) mainly for boss fights, but also because if you have some decent S/D then mechs can do some serius damage to anything.
    PSZ F/c ~ 4684-9153-6277
    PM if you add me so I can return the favor ^_^
    (check profile for characters if curious)