currently i have a really bad connection so i'm gettin a new dsl one. but, i wanna know what i'm gonna have to do about pso with this. from what my dad has told me i might not be able to play anymore. right now i'm usin the modem adapter and i wanna know if i need to change anything on my hunter's license or buy a broadband adapter or....idk...i heard dsl doesnt use the phone jacks like the other one. my whole old internet dealy is gonna be canceled so i have a feeling i wont be able to use that anymore.

oh well, thanx in advance i guess.
    (i think i covered everything)

You will have to keep paying your Hunters Liscense, but unless you keep your 56k for some reason, you will need to buy a Broadband adapter.

If you're having trouble finding one, wait about a half month, there should be a few new ones.

By the way, most DSL connections don't need any special setup, unless you are far away from the DSL modem. You also might need a router.

You need to buy a Broadband Adaptor to play PSO with your DSL connection.

If you want to split the new DSL connection between your GCN and PC, you will need to purchase a Router.

thanx. will it matter that my computer isnt in the same building as my gamecube? and i wont have to change any network info right?

Legendary

Before you get the stuf from your ISP, try and get hold, or ask them to send you a Router/modem, the router/modem pugs into the DSL line on the DSL filter, and they typicly have 4 ethernet outputs, one of thee outputs goes to your P.C, and another ethernet lead goes to your gamecube, you can get long length leads if you need them, and there cheaper than wireless.

Btw, just wondering, when you get your dsl, you should go to a speed test site, to see how fast your connection will be. Infact, get a test now, print it, then when u get dsl, test that, then compare and marvel at your faster connection!

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

On 2004-08-12 17:15, MegamanX wrote:
    Btw, just wondering, when you get your dsl, you should go to a speed test site, to see how fast your connection will be. Infact, get a test now, print it, then when u get dsl, test that, then compare and marvel at your faster connection!
    Care to provide a link to one? I just installed DSL and I would like to se this.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

thanks for the help.