Hi guys,

Sorry for asking, but I did some search here (certainly I did it the bad way) and didn't find the answer, so I would be pleased if any of you would kindly help me or give me details as to where and when the V2 Game asks for save conversion...

I just got V2.0 today (I hadn't played for more than one year, and PSO2 DC wasn't really for me the game IMHO to pay the full price for,sibnce I don't have much time on my hands at the moment, this... until I found today a brand new Euro copy of the game for a UK tenner... anyway !)

Upon entering the options (something I always do before starting a new game the first time I put a CD in my DC ) I was asked for my serial, which I put in. Was ok. It looks like the game found my guild card save, and converted it (it seems it also includes configs in the save - anyway *again* - then decided to "CONTINUE", since I wanna continue with my character in V2.0

So I am displayed a screen with the VMU select, Slot A1, and upon pressing the A button it says something like "press button to load"... Then message dissaperas when I press the button, and it reappears...

I press again, again, again, again... Sh$t, I'm not asked for save conversion, and I cannot use my v1 character !

ARGH !

When is the user asked to convert ? When I start a new game it asks me tif i'm ok to overwrite the previous (v1.0) save... Gosh !

Help

Cheers !

N21

Select Continue from title screen, select your character then Convert. If you don't understand me, read the booklet.

On 2002-06-20 15:44, nosaJ wrote:
    Select Continue from title screen, select your character then Convert. If you don't understand me, read the booklet.
    I guess you didn't help me. I don't think that your "read the booklet" thing is the best answer ever, in fact, you should have retained yourself from answering, since, i'm not that stupid... that's what I did. My Ver1 save is not recognized by PSOver2. I was just making sure I was doing it the right way.

If other had any help than that useless answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: N21 on 2002-06-21 00:12 ]</font>

On 2002-06-20 15:27, N21 wrote:

When is the user asked to convert ?
    It should be after you press ok to select your character (still in white letters). It will ask you if you want to convert, and other disclaimers.

Try the card in a different port (slot 2 or another controller). If it says the data can`t be used, it sounds like your character might have been corrupted during the conversion.

I hope for your sake that`s not it. I`ve fallen victim to 3 or 4 character corruptions online, which seems to save all to periodically for some aftermarket memory cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: incognito32 on 2002-06-21 08:54 ]</font>

bad repost

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: incognito32 on 2002-06-21 09:02 ]</font>