Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Translated article?

Microsoft It carries out in the beta test of "Xbox Live", and the 100,000 worlds. Koide and the on-line service generalization division manager who tells about Xbox Live.

With the online game service only for broadcloth bands of home video game machine Xbox of Microsoft "XboxLive", it turns out on the 20th that the company carries out a beta test for about 100,000 people all over the world from this summer.

the plan which uses popular RPG "fan TASHI star on-line (PSO)" of Sega where a test is said-‚±‚ñ(ed) by the starter's kit put on the market at the time of a formal service start In order to participate in a test, a main part, the head set for voice chats, etc. are planning to be required, and the company is planning to provide for pay. A price and the distribution method are undecided.

Formal service is due to become the autumn of this year, and puts on the market PSO, several game software and a head set, and the starter's kit (6800 yen) with which the charge of service use for one year was included at a retail store. As for the software for on-line, 47 titles is due to be put on the market from 39 companies by 2003 ends of the year.

The on-line service generalization division manager of the company, Masahiro Koide, "the server etc. is ready, and immediately after being able to perform soft correspondence, I want to begin a test. Gaining tens of thousands of users within the year in the world talked with target."
    http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/?w...=JAEN&wb_dis=2

http://pub111.ezboard.com/fgamingage...cID=6935.topic

Unfortuantely, the article doesn't state which month the beta testing will begin. Doh! Has anyone here signed up for the beta testing program at xbox.com?

I signed up for it, but never heard anything back from them.

oh ya i have signed up for beta testing, i hope i get picked as a tester

Heh, I don't even have an xbox, but if I was chosen as a tester, I would sure as hell buy one. (I'm thinking about buying one as it is...)

The Galaxies Jedi Master

i wanna be a beta tester

i think you need to register your xbox first before you are really considered for it..... for those that have not signed up for it yet and whish to, fallow de link........

http://www.xbox.com/default.htm

The Galaxies Jedi Master

i am signed up for xbox live on day 1 and a few weeks earlier i registered my xbox

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-20 17:46 ]</font>

When you send an invite to a person on your buddy list, even if they're playing a different game, an indicator will pop up to let them know you're requesting their services. However, one of the pre-show rumours about being able to play a game against a friend even if you don't own the game in question was gunned down. "This technology would be possible, but developers would specifically have to code their games to facilitate this," said Fryer. Don't expect any to be doing this anytime soon.

i think thats like de koolest feature, cause while i'm playing PSO, someone who is playin a game like mech assult can find me, so we can meet in a mutual game, that is so kool, geez xbox live gets niftier and niftier everyday.

full artical here......

http://www.gamesdomain.com/articles/1305.html

IGN's got a good section that has all the information on XBox Live:
    IGN's XBox Live FAQ

-AnimeUSA

I registered my Xbox the day that I got it so it was real fast just signing up. I really do hope I get picked >__<; Speaking of which I should check my e-mail by the way, Good info Denny
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.