Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Which is negated when Shifta level 30 and Zalure level 30 is cast.

With the new PSO, the gap is even greater.

On 2002-06-25 18:43, Parn wrote:
    Which is negated when Shifta level 30 and Zalure level 30 is cast.

With the new PSO, the gap is even greater.
    But...HUmars can equip weapons with much greater ATP. Such as the S rank Needle or S rank Sword.

lolDiads

And Zalure level 30's casting range and effectiveness is much higher. What's your point?

My point is HUmar can deal more damage than FOmarl with their respective "best" weapons.

lolDiads

Nope. Because Shifta and Zalure work on a percentage-based system, and NOT a raw flat numerical amount of effectiveness, level 30 techs and the strongest weapon on a FOmarl will outperform a HUmar with level 15 techs and the strongest weapon for him. And this does take into account, weapon %s (which by the way, are not applied to S Ranks).

You're just looking at raw numbers. Sorry, but PSO doesn't work that way. Looking at raw numbers is precisely why the designers of PSO didn't foresee how unbalanced it could become (and is).

lolDiads

An addendum.

Even if you were right, which you aren't by the way, you missed the point anyways.

Even if the FOmarl does do less damage, the difference is minimal. So not only can the FOmarl fight almost as effectively as (or better than) a HUmar, but she can also cast level 30 techs on top of that.

A team of four FOmarls would outperform a team of four HUmars in a run through the ruins. Guaranteed.

I don't believe that 4 FOmarls can outperform 4 HUmars..

me neither... fomarl with lv 30 stuff does same than hucast without techs. I can handle ult online alone with HUcast... FOmarl can too but isn't easy, like it isn't neither for HUcast.
    And HUmar is better than HUcast, he can cast shifta zalure lv 15, that makes him even more powerful.
    Plaintain huge fan 15% dark, srank mechgun in fomarls hands and lv 30 shifta doeasn't more damage than 40-60% Imperial pick, red dagger, red saber...

lolDiads

And yet again, you both miss the fucking point.

Alright, let's assume you ARE right. It DOESN'T CHANGE THE SITUATION. You do realize that we're talking about a FORCE, a FUCKING FORCE, that can fight as well as a HUNTER, and at the same time can use level 30 techs? A little bit stronger, a little bit weaker, that's not the fucking point. A force should not EVER be as strong or nearly as strong as a hunter. PERIOD. But a FOmarl IS just that.

I can't spell it out any more than that.

On 2002-06-26 08:24, Parn wrote:
    A force should not EVER be as strong or nearly as strong as a hunter. PERIOD. But a FOmarl IS just that.
    FOmarl is only comparable to the hunters offline though. Online, when HUnters are getting a forces benefits, theres no comparison. A team of 3 HUcasts and a FOmarl will outperform anything else. What you seem to be missing is that offline, the classes SHOULD be all about the same in power.