Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For example, i want to find a yellow barrier say, and i'm a redria, so i can theoretically hunt for them in mine 1 and mine 2 from boxes, (this info is found from faqs).

anyway i have heard from fonewearl lina that there is a specific box in each area where you can find those rare items, as she said she always find the yellow barrier in the first room of mine1 in the same box, all the time.

so i was wondering, how true is that, and also, if it is the case, does anyone know which box will drop the rare for each area. it would greatly help in hunting for those stupid barrier and amplifier if we know exactly the box that could drop it.

what is the drop rate again, from boxes? is it something like 1/1000?

thanks

I don't think so.
    Yes, the droprates do suck.

Maybe on those unofficial servers, but I wouldn't know if that's not what she's talking about.

It's true that there are certain boxes with set drops (for example, in Lost Soul Blade there's a box in the middle of a large laser fenced room with a monogrinder in it) but whether or not this box is ALWAYS like that is a different story. Perhaps it's just a co-incidence? I'm not ruling out the possibility of a definite lower drop rate or anything, but I still think it's unlikely.

i have noticed something similar in lower difficulties. when we did ttf in hard mode and flooded the sinow room with gifoie so they couldnt jump, there was a red box drop from the sinow in the northern right corner. in hard mode it was only a M&Avise but that was the only sinow that dropped red boxes in that room every time we played it.

o.O You relaise there are like about 7 waves of Sinows right?
    So assuming the Sinows never moved, theres a 1/7 chance that a certain Sinow dropped there.
    Considering the drop rates, and the chance of the same Sinow droppping consecutively I'd say there is nothing even remotely true about your theory anecdote.

The droprate applies to all Sinows, not just Sinows in certain positions >.>

On 2004-09-02 04:28, Antimony wrote:
    It's true that there are certain boxes with set drops (for example, in Lost Soul Blade there's a box in the middle of a large laser fenced room with a monogrinder in it) but whether or not this box is ALWAYS like that is a different story. Perhaps it's just a co-incidence? I'm not ruling out the possibility of a definite lower drop rate or anything, but I still think it's unlikely.
    Some boxes do have set drops. Others are random:
    Episode 1:
    Brown Boxes- Set drops
    Blue Boxes- Random Drop, some are set for Meseta only

I don't play Ep 2 enough to remember which color is what.

But there is no way besides luck to get the Colored Barrier to drop, other than personal luck.

yes fireal, but you also know that all of the hacked and recorded "drop rates" are from offline charts. theres alot of things different in online, especially in quests.

like for instance (once again in TTF) a soloing android char CANNOT split slimes with 3 hit combo, but if theres 2 people then it can. whats up with that? lol

maybe i should ask if the mines you were playing are online or offline? im sure they know what offline rates are for every item in the game. and that monogrinder from soul blade is online item too.

On 2004-09-01 21:30, vdechpokket wrote:
    For example, i want to find a yellow barrier say, and i'm a redria, so i can theoretically hunt for them in mine 1 and mine 2 from boxes, (this info is found from faqs).

anyway i have heard from fonewearl lina that there is a specific box in each area where you can find those rare items, as she said she always find the yellow barrier in the first room of mine1 in the same box, all the time.

so i was wondering, how true is that, and also, if it is the case, does anyone know which box will drop the rare for each area. it would greatly help in hunting for those stupid barrier and amplifier if we know exactly the box that could drop it.

what is the drop rate again, from boxes? is it something like 1/1000?

thanks

Well ive always believed that box drops are random. Just go on the level you think the item drops and smash all of the boxes. If you dont get it, quit, then do the level again. As long as you know where to find something, you just need to keep playing there and you will always find what you want in the end. Just need patience with this game.

i have a lv 144 fonewearl, and ive been searching for my yellow.blue.red barriers. Ive been also searching for the foie,barta,zonde amps.. In the 5 months that ive been searching for them, all ive found are.

Amp of foie, no red barrier
    Blue Barrier
    Yellow Barrier,
    amp of gizonde
    amp of resta

meaning, those things are tough to find. happy hunting

I've found a yellow barrier and amplifier of yellow by accident...

I have...

Resta Merge
    Anti Merge
    Yellow Merge
    Red Amplifier
    and lots more