Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I will try to not be too technical but here:

First off emails are not exactly the most secure form of communication in the world. Open relay servers, Forged Headers, Virus's reading peoples address books and then sending emails to and using froms in the address book are one method they use to actually make you feel more secure about opening said virus attachment. So no, [email protected] is not "infected" nor can it be, nor is it possible to use gmail.com servers itself to originate spam..

There I was friendly there.

So anyhow, have any of you fun people gotten forged emails from @paypal.com? I can assure you there's a million out there, using forged from's and even using a stupid link naming exploit in windows to make the url you click look just like an official paypal site, where the smart people enter their info and get essential owned.

Yeah I was friendly there too, yay.

So yes, quit blaming me, quit blaming gmail. Go on google and do some research on how email works, how spamming works, why there are laws against header forging, and why your email box is filled with 100's of forged emails daily which were definetly not sent from the actual FROM-TO account.

With that said. Take into account the registration emails you recieve from PSO-World. They are not in fact using gmail.com servers.

"WOW eRUPT tell us MORE!".

They are being sent from this server and simply placing in the From: / Reply-to: header fields that [email protected] is the address that I'm making this email appearing to be orriginating from.

To you techies that actually know what is going on, do look past my "dumbed" short summary on possible methods for email fraud.

Thank you.

And for those who wish they knew as much technical stuff on this subject as eRUPT... The technical information can be found here--

SMTP: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol ("Outgoing Mail")
    POP3: Post Office Protocol v3 ("Incoming Mail")

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016