Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This space for rent.

... by an unnamed shooter at a show in Columbus, Ohio. The guy jumped on stage, shouted about how Darrel was the reason for Pantera's break up, and shot him 5 or 6 times at close range. A police officer responded to the call of shots fired and snuck in the back door. He saw the shooter on stage with a hostage, and the body of Dimebag lying on the floor, and he shot and killed the gunman. 4 others were killed. Some sites are saying Vinnie Paul was also shot, but I don't have any confirmation yet.

This is insane. I saw them play on Sunday. I was a mere 7 or 8 feet from this incredible musician, and now he is dead because some poor bastard didn't realize Dime had nothing to do with Pantera's end. If only he knew that Phil had said he was leaving, and they all decided to end it after "Reinventing the Steel". This is freaking depressing. He was just one of those musicians that never ceased to amaze me.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it this morning. This really is absolutely insane. How could someone deliberatly plan something like this and go through with it? This is absolutely horrible.

This space for rent.

In lighter and unrelated news, while I was looking through the paper this morning to cut out any articles, I came across the obituarties. I came across one for a man named "C. Michael Hunt" or, C. Mike Hunt for short. I find this amusing, not that the person is dead, but his name is funny.

Woke up, checked email, and got one about this. Of all the people in the world that need to be shot, Dimebag really wasn't one of them.

Well, there's another one of my favorite guitarists dead. Stevie Ray Vaughan died. Dimebag Darrell died. They're dropping right off the list in order. Let's if #3 is the next to die.

The Original Bullet Magnet

some really fucking OTT music fans in this world aren't there?

christ sake buddy its only music, there are other bands and songs.

and then to go on and take out another 4 people. just so wrong.

PEACE!!!

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

It makes me sad that fans of music will KILL these people over something so stupid as that. Makes me worry about being in a band sometimes, ya know? This is really gonna affect a lot of music fans all around the world. May he rest in piece.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Pretty much anything you do will probably offend at least one person in some odd, unreasonable way.

-----------------------------------------------------

Rest in peace, "Dimebag" Darrel. You will be missed by the masses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-12-11 11:04 ]</font>

I heard that Darrel was murdered not to long ago, and then I remembered you had been going to that concert. How could someone do something so awful....I'm so sorry.

Yes heard about that, thats very unfortunate
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

I persoanlly was a lot more distressed when Elliott Smith died last year. but this isnt good.