Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

This is a rumor I heard from a guy on my Xbox Live Friends List that I haven't validated yet. He said that True Fantasy Live Online will be coming out after all on Xbox. It's name will change, but still have TFLO on the cover in the corner. He said he read it on UGO. I went to the site and didn't find it. Maybe I didn't spend enought time looking. If some1 else can find out something more, please let us know.

The Original Bullet Magnet

i think i remember reading some speculation that it was been held back and re-fashioned for the xbox 2.

course that was only speculation. in a gamespy newsletter. i think. was like 5 months ago.

take a look about some of the more reputable game sites.

PEACE!!!

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

I'll just dismiss this as pure speculation.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

I'll have to dismiss it as speculation too. It's a shame it ever got canned in the first place. TFLO was comming along nicely, and looked to be one of the premier MMORPG's of the generation. It was the one I was supposed to be playing while waiting on Phantasy Star Universe, instead of the crap-fest that Final Fantasy XI turned out to be.

whats TFLO? I dont console game anymore nor do i keep up with it
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

The Original Bullet Magnet

true fantasy live online.

mmorpg for the xbox that got canned. could have been great!

but it wasn't meant to be...

PEACE!!!

Actually, according to Square-Haven, there is an MMORPG to be released from SQUARE-ENIX under the title Fantasy Earth: ~Ring of Dominion~. The platform for which it will be released has yet to be revealed, though many seem to think it will be released on the PC. Supposedly, this actually is True Fantasy Live Online, albeit in different form. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.square-haven.com/games/pc/fe/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TetsuyaHShimomura on 2004-12-13 15:43 ]</font>

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

WHAT?!? Square got ahold of TFLO?? I thought the property rights to it were owned by Microsoft? Why the hell would they let Square have anything? They don't even develop for the Xbox.. unless they're planning on leaving Sony anyhow over the FFXI-HDD debacle.

Oh this is great.. I just know Square is going to fuck it up and turn it into one big advertisment for their FF games or something.

Grrrrr..... >_<

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2004-12-13 15:38, TetsuyaHShimomura wrote:
    Actually, according to Square-Haven, there is an MMORPG to be released from SQUARE-ENIX under the title Fantasy Earth: ~Ring of Dominion~. The platform for which it will be released has yet to be revealed, though many seem to think it will be released on the PC. Supposedly, this actually is True Fantasy Live Online, albeit in different form. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.square-haven.com/games/pc/fe/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TetsuyaHShimomura on 2004-12-13 15:43 ]</font>
    The art style looks vastly different, though a few character models seem familiar.

Considering Level 5 was developing TFLO for Microsoft is also developing the new Dragon Warrior game for Square Enix, it isn't unlikely that they let SE use the engine from TFLO.

However, I really doubt that it has any real connection to TFLO aside from the fact that they are both MMORPGs and they use the same game engine.

On the TFLO revival rumor, I highly doubt it. If Microsoft decides to put a new MMORPG on their system, I don't believe that they would have it be TFLO. Most companies that want to revive a cancelled game usually give it a make-over and even name change. They would probably use the same game engine though.