Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am currently co-writing a fairly extensive FAQ for PSO EpI&II - along the lines of those found at http://www.gamefaqs.com/

If you are a trial player and have found a rare weapon, armour, shield or item and have the stats for it, or you have other information that you would like to submit for inclusion in the FAQ, please email me at: [email protected] so that I can get the details from you.

It's in a very early state (with a number of sections missing or incomplete), but the current latest copy of the FAQ can be found at:

http://pso-faq.tripod.com/faq.txt

Hopefully we can build the ultimate source of information in one document.

Many thanks,

M.

I'm not sure what the point of a Trial FAQ is. The Trial's going to die very soon and I'm sure the requirements and stat boosts for equipment is definitely going to change in the final.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

The intention isn't to write a Trial FAQ. It's to write a PSO EpI&II FAQ.

If you read the document you'll see that it states quite clearly that any changes that are made in the final release version will be included.

The point is, FAQs of this nature take a helluva long time to write, so we're trying to get a lot of the structure done now so that it can be added to as and when information is available both now and when the full Japanese release comes out.

I'm quite suprised at your reaction - it's the first negative comment we've had from anyone. Hopefully my additional comments will help you appreciate what we're doing.

M.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mindshare on 2002-07-09 10:54 ]</font>

Structure is nice, but I don't see the point of putting in data that will most likely be wrong so you have to go back and change it later. >.>

I mean, basic information is cool, but I don't like go back over myself and do things twice if I can just get it right the first time. It's your FAQ, though.

If you take the time to read it, you'll see that the majority of the copy is not data related. And you're right, it's my FAQ (in conjunction with another person).

Forgive me if I feel a bit disappointed at your reaction. It seems to me that you're being a little nitpicky for the sake of it. So what if we need to make updates - that's what writing an FAQ is all about. I was asking for information and help - not to be told how you would do things.

It's slightly demoralising when you try and make an effort to produce something only for someone else to rubbish it. As someone who spends your own time running a website devoted to PSO for the benefit of others, I'd rather hoped you'd understand that.

M.

On 2002-07-09 11:01, Mindshare wrote:
    Forgive me if I feel a bit disappointed at your reaction. It seems to me that you're being a little nitpicky for the sake of it. So what if we need to make updates - that's what writing an FAQ is all about. I was asking for information and help - not to be told how you would do things.
    Oh, my apologies! *bow*

I didn't mean to make you shocked or appaled!

Anyways, when you post a topic about anything, expect to get someone's opinion of it whether you like it or not.

Forgive me for commenting!

Look Wata this is pointless. I asked for help. I didn't say I was either shocked or appalled. All I wanted to do was to politely ask if anyone had any information that they would like to submit. That's all there is to it.

Resorting to sarcasm isn't going to do anything for either of us. Can we just draw a line under this and leave it? I know you and I have something of a 'history' so lets not antagonise each other any more than we have to. Otherwise I think we're both just going to look childish in front of the rest of the community.

M.

"I'm quite suprised at your reaction - it's the first negative comment we've had from anyone."

You were "quite surprised". My comment wasn't even negative. I just said I wasn't sure what the point of grabbing extensive stats from the Trial was about. All you had to do was clarify or explain it better instead of saying I was coming off all negative, because I wasn't.

But, fine, I'm all for drawing the line. Whatever.

I love it when you end with "Whatever", it's not far off becoming your catchphrase.

Maybe we could start a new section on PSO-World where each week we pick a topic and insult each other whilst simultaneously trying to cling onto the moral high ground. I'm not sure anyone else would bother reading it, but I'd enjoy it...

hehe...

Sorry, I'm drifting off topic now.

M.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mindshare on 2002-07-09 11:50 ]</font>

Children.....

Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.