I still feel funny about posting this on PSOworld, but whatever. In Tales of Symphonia, could anyone tell me how you open the chests that have darkness weapons in them? Thanks a ton.

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

First you have to get the Evil eye or the Soul Eater. Then meet with Abyssion and he shall give you the Neblim and Neblim key.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

There is a guy that you talk to on Tethe-Alla that gives you you're first arms and a key. He is in front of what looks like a church in the ice town, forgot the name because I don't have the game anymore. Beating it 3 times on different difficulties with the wussiest final boss EVER is enough.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

There is one drawback to the Devil's Arms weapons, however. All of them start out with +0 Attack (Or strength, whatever it's called) until you *spoiler*. After that, each weapon gains +1 ATK or STR (don't know which one they use for weapons) for every enemy it kills.

Example: Colette uses her +0 Evil Eye to kill a Hare. The Evil Eye then gets +1 ATK/STR because of the dead Hare.

As already posted.

But just a warning, once you get them all make sure you are a decent level before going back to Mr. Aby.

On 2005-01-16 13:51, tactician7777 wrote:
    There is one drawback to the Devil's Arms weapons, however. All of them start out with +0 Attack (Or strength, whatever it's called) until you *spoiler*. After that, each weapon gains +1 ATK or STR (don't know which one they use for weapons) for every enemy it kills.

Example: Colette uses her +0 Evil Eye to kill a Hare. The Evil Eye then gets +1 ATK/STR because of the dead Hare.
    I'm already on my second play throught the game so you can insert the spoiler

What about others who haven't played the game? And the spoiler is not main-plot related. It's related to the getting of the Devil's Arms.

RAPPY FECES!!!

Don't you have to finish that really hard thing where you go in the book before you can get the Devil's Arms? I should really get back to beating the game a second time...

On 2005-01-18 05:51, CGoodness wrote:
    Don't you have to finish that really hard thing where you go in the book before you can get the Devil's Arms? I should really get back to beating the game a second time...
    You do not have to finish Niflheim to get the Devil's Arms. All Niflheim does is provide an optional challenge and a chance at a very rare piece of equipment.

The power of the Devil`s Arms is related to how many enemies that character has killed altogether, regardless of weapon. Hence, Raine`s Devil`s arm would be pretty weak, while Lloyds will likely do damage in the high thousands on a first playthrough. Transfer over battle data at the end game, and they keep the enemy kill counts, so the Devil`s Arms are a real force to be reackoned with. Be warned that they get weaker in Nifleheim the deeper you go.