Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

how do u guys do it? i'm an offline player, which i dont think has anything to do w/it, but i cant level up very fast at all. i hear people say, "oh, hey, btw, i have a new character and he's on very hard" and i'm thinkin "whoa! it took me a frikin' eternity to get to very hard mode!" i'm just wondering, if you have any tips for leveling up faster, can u tell me? i'm freakin slow at this game...

On 2005-01-23 19:49, PrinceRa wrote:
    how do u guys do it? i'm an offline player, which i dont think has anything to do w/it, but i cant level up very fast at all. i hear people say, "oh, hey, btw, i have a new character and he's on very hard" and i'm thinkin "whoa! it took me a frikin' eternity to get to very hard mode!" i'm just wondering, if you have any tips for leveling up faster, can u tell me? i'm freakin slow at this game...
    Usually what is happening is that a person is passing down weapons from a higher-level character to his/her new character. This is known as "twinking". Depending on the items you hand down and the new character, it can be fairly trivial to clear Normal - Very Hard mode.

Also, you might want to slow down on pressing the submit button...

yeah, i started doing that, but it still takes a little while to level up high enough to use those weapons, but i've also done the same thing with my mags (Ty currently uses a railgun to fire instead of a rod because of his mags) but i'm also trying to make a mag for him that'll increase his magic so when i'm up in very hard mode or whatnot, i'll start using canes and rods, unless i've become too fond of his handguns, lol. btw, i panicked when i saw about four of the same subject, lol

There's numbers of quests online that allow you to get more EXP in short periods of time. That and there's more enemies online and I think enemies give more EXP online.

Enemies only give more exp on ult but yea the reason many lvl so fast is because they do power lvling that involve TTF or some other quest that give quick and easy exp.

Old Man

I can take a level 1 player to ultimate in a weekend pretty easily.

You start by giving the new player all the advantages a team of high level players can pass on. A level 200 mag with either Pow, Dex or Mind, depending on what character you are power leveling. Passing on some 50% hit charge weapons that can be wielded by a lower level character helps immensely. Add four slot frames with God units, a power mat feeding schedule (again, help from your team who has been collecting and storing all those wonderul mats) and you're ready to go.

I usually pursue the Episode II route, running Temple-Spaceship-Control Tower-Seabeds through normal-hard-very hard into ultimate. It's hard, but if you know the areas real well, know where the spawns are, know the weaknesses (for forces) and use scapes/telepipes frequently, you can work a character into ultimate between level 36 and 40.

Now you are ready for power leveling. Soul of a Blacksmith and my favorite, Retired Hunter in either very hard or ultimate mode depending on how you are surviving run over and over again will get a character up to 80 pretty fast. Again, with concerted effort, I can do it in a weekend.

Now at 80, jump online and run TTF with friends - over and over again.

That's power leveling at its best.

Control Tower?

You mean Gal Da Val...

Offline quests can be your friend for levelling. Plus there's always just playing, trying to get to the next area/difficulty, and you can level up pretty well doing just that(Since, face it, if you're not twinked, you probably won't make much below 60 for Ult unless you really know what you're doing and can get enough HP/Scapes, so you'll probably have to do a few runs of an area before you can pass it).

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Old Man

Yes Ian - I meant Gal de Val

I was just thinking Jungle-Mountain-Seaside = Control Tower kinda thing.

The hardest part of that whole picture is winding through those Sinows just prior to fighting Gal Gryphon. And i absolutely hate shock monkeys - if you don't have a cure shock equipped, they can be the most annoying creatures in all of PSO - but that's another rant.

I'm also an offlien player and got like 3 chars on ultimate.

I just beat the shit out of the dragon and ... forgot it's name (the snake)...

Then you can kick the robots ass very easly(they fall down so thats a huge advantage and give more points then the enemy's in caves)And when you face Vol Opt...what I think that is the most easiest boss... just kick his ass adn then start over again... Thats how I do it...whit Rangers you have this huge advantage whit Shot's...My Ranger levels up pretty fast whit the Guilty Light and Final Impact...

And btw... It goes much faster when u get more expierence...you build more tactics by yourself... like 1 very usefull..I think ... Go play quest where u got help from the beginning...just let that guy or girl stand i nfrotn of you so he/she will get attacked...he/she will inflict all damage while you just kick the enemy's ass from a distance whit a mechgun/pistol... but don't forget to heal him/her... I thin kthat the best way for leveling up is to have sum1 that helps you...

I wish you luck...and btw..from the beginning I thought that I never made it to the level of KIREEK(36)...nor that I managed to get to Ultimate...

I wish yah luck mate...

The hope of the great beyond

Yeah im lvl 103 so its going to take an extremly long time to lvl up again. So I will take a nap, or something!