Thread: Deja Voodoo

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

So I went out shopping today.
    Shopping mall w00t!

A trip to the bank in order to start up a checking account gets interrupted by a lady who is angry beyond normal parameters.

I know a thing or two about being angry so this lady was probably an 8 out of 10 lets say.

I'm minding my own business sitting at the desk opening the account and the woman in question screams out from behind me and makes a scene.

What I gathered from the ranting and raving was that she could not deposit a check and had to wait ten days or so.

Paraphrased, I wasn't really paying attention to such an outburst, it was just unavoidable here:

"You stupid bank people won't allow me to deposit my checks today and now I have to wait 10 gawd-damn days to get my money! Why can't I deposit them today?"

A fed up employee tells her to please leave after saying:
    "Well just deposit them then. It won't be credited until the next BUSINESS DAY! Now please follow me out of the bank mam, I have to open the door for you over on this side."

My mom, an immediate voice of reason, says queitly that "Maybe she should go to another bank then. Why complain about what you can't change?"

-Heh. Rules are rules. Saturday is a non-business day for my bank. Two days won't kill you unless you're really irresponsible with your money and payments. Just give up with the attempts to salvage your irresponsibility. Overdrafts or credit limits spent is all I can think of to cause such an outburst.-

Later on yesterday in the mall, I walk into a Footlocker store and pick up a new shoe to look at. A man is screaming incessently at the manager.
    Lets say 10 out of 10. Yes, that bad.

"What the f*** is wrong with you people!
    My kid was just over here putting his elbow like THIS on here and you tell him to move?!
    I own 3 HOUSES! You better remember that!
    Man, forget it, you people are ghetto!"
    *grabs his kid and storms out*

The manager told him calmly that okay, she is sorry and can you please leave, you're making a scene over a misunderstanding.

-Well. I didn't see what sparked the controversy. I can't speculate on something I didn't see.

I was just trying to look at this Kevin Garnett shoe innocently and a crazy man customer is yelling from right behind me.

Second time today.

No reason to make a scene. Maybe your kid was in the way of an employee, I've seen other kids run around that store after he left. The store is cluttered too. It couldn't have been THAT rude a gesture to an innocent(?)kid who didn't know any better.-

Whenever I think about getting mad over petty things again I will think back to my shattered nerves when I was just minding my own business and some crazy consumers caused scenes.

Money seems to make people crazy.

- "How dare you? Do you know who I am!?" -

Money and titles makes people act like kids. It's like they're saying...

- "Don't you mess with me! My papa is the town sheriff!" -

Not really,

Stupidity even drives the idiots up the walls.

I OWN NO HOUSES!!!!

So -I- get to scream WHENEVER and WHEREVER I want!

Meh, it's a democracy, let 'em scream with rage if they really have to, just laugh at them when they do (especially if they come up with stuff like: "I own three houses"), but best you try not to get caught laughing, especially if you work at the shop/bank/whatever.

Also, try to empathise before making judgements. If they're being unreasonable, let them vent, because they're always right (as they say).

On 2005-02-13 20:40, Sagasu wrote:
    Not really,

Stupidity even drives the idiots up the walls.
    Fair enough.
    I just had to say something to close off my thread back there.

I couldn't just say THE END )))!

I should scream even louder Navi. I own no houses, no cars, not even a cell phone of my own... yet!

In terms of a Democracy, well "Its a free country!" is a type of excuse used only up until about high school if you want to be taken seriously.

On 2005-02-15 00:13, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I should scream even louder Navi. I own no houses, no cars, not even a cell phone of my own... yet!
    Neither do I Hayabusa, neither do I.

In terms of a Democracy, well "Its a free country!" is a type of excuse used only up until about high school if you want to be taken seriously.
    It is a free country my ass.
    You are people. So am I. No one has right to scream at someone unreasonably.

On 2005-02-15 00:29, navinator wrote:
    On 2005-02-15 00:13, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Neither do I Hayabusa, neither do I.
    It is a free country my ass.
    You are people. So am I. No one has right to scream at someone unreasonably.
    Exactly. I was pretty much saying that using that as your excuse is lamer than lame.

Only grade school kiddies use that to justify their mis-doings, erm something, or to get away with crap and feel okay about it.

One cell phone plan I was looking at had Canada calling included, gahaha(evil face), I might call you and ask for "Richard" or whatever those people used to do to you at 3 AM. Or not.