Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, sure.

3 30.00%
  • Eh, no.

7 70.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scenario:

I spent $30 on PSO Plus. The disk has Episode 2 offline Challenge Mode, and Blue Ring / Green Ring are prizes for this mode. I do not have anyone else to do this with, and I basically can never do Episode 2 offline Challenge mode.

Question:

Should I be allowed to mod one of each ring, and allow them to be classified as legitimate? I feel that I, and others in my situation, deserve the right to have these rings, and having at least one copy of each, and able to call them "legit".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-16 04:01 ]</font>

Yeah, I think a lot of people have the same problem about offline C-mode..
    But in any case, Blue ring might be released online soon (Beach Laughter?), so maybe they will do the same for Green Ring.
    But either way, everyone would want a Green Ring, and I doubt it's easy to clear EP2C on splitscreen. -_-
    I never tried to get a duped Chameleon Scythe just because I want one. I would say it's still unlegitimate that way. Especially now MA/BL are going to have Blue Ring and Photon Crystal soon.

I would say its still cheating, the whole pont is that it is supposed to be "challenging" to get the items, so just creating your own it cheating... :/

It'd be considered illegit.
    I think what you really want to know is, would anyone care enough...
    I'm not saying no one cares about your question, I just mean, some may not be as concerned about something like an illegit blue or green ring.

But yeah, it wouldn't be legit.

(optional)

Technically not legit, but if you want one just get it don't complain (or solo C-mode )

The point is that, for one, you CANNOT solo C-mode. I guess asking if it would be legit is the wrong way to ask, but would it be considered immoral in the PSO community. Using myself as an example, I spent the money to buy PSO Plus, and I'm not gifted with 3 other friends to do Episode 2 offline Challenge Mode. So what if it's supposed to be a challenge to get, the idea is gameplay, and I spent the money to only get a small portion of the game's worth just because I don't have enough friends interested in the game? I'm punished for this, then, right?

Especially now MA/BL are going to have Blue Ring and Photon Crystal soon.
    Source?

On 2005-02-16 09:52, Skorpius wrote:
    The point is that, for one, you CANNOT solo C-mode.
    It's been done before on ep1, you probably can, it'd just be difficult.

On 2005-02-16 09:52, Skorpius wrote:

Especially now MA/BL are going to have Blue Ring and Photon Crystal soon.
    Source?
    Somewhere in Ryna's MA topic, but I'm too lazy to look for it. I think Soulja posted it.

But what about the people... that live within a certain area where you cannot even get PSO Plus, without importing it, and getting an AR or a whatever it's called to be able to play NTSC-games? :

I'm tempted to import it, but I'd rather get ep4..
    And + is for other reasons other than offline challenge btw..

On 2005-02-16 10:26, SJ wrote:
    It's been done before on ep1, you probably can, it'd just be difficult.
    Very difficult. The two player switches and puzzles would cause some sort of difficulty, wouldn't you think? Especially the ones Cave and Mines that require one person to stand on a pad and another person to run foward. Doing that solo would require a lot of work. :|

On 2005-02-16 11:00, SJ wrote:
    And + is for other reasons other than offline challenge btw..
    Why did you say this? My main reason of getting Plus was for clearer snapshots, so I think I would be one to know alternative reasons for purchasing the game. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-16 11:40 ]</font>