Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I recently picked up Phantasy star 3 at EB games because it was used and $3. I've gotten pretty interested and am now searching for the rest of the series... anybody else like the classics?

aren't they coming out with the trilogy for the ps2? If they do then i'm definately going to get it. i never played the phantasy star on genesis (I was a nintendo fanboy at the time ^_^).

Batteries Not Included

I bought the Phantasy Star 3-in-one game a while back, which contains Phantasy Stars 1, 2, and 3. I haven't gotten too far on either three, but I might continue on them. It'd be interesting to learn the backround to PSO and what games began what we now have as PSO today.

Everyone keeps saying that Phantasy Star 4 is the best of them all, but I have yet to get my hands on it. I'd like to try that out, though.

Savitri Tamer

I had the Phantasy Star Collection for my gba and I beat and finished it well over a year ago. I havent gone back to it since because I lost all the maps I made of the dungeons for PS1 and PS2. And I never could get into PS3, it always felt like the stepchild of the PS series. Then I finally got PS4 for my Genesis, and I love it to death. Definately my favorite of the series, and the battle against Dark Falz's multiple forms is so awesome.

Phantasy Star three was very tough for me to get into, but once you learn the connection you realize that the game is quite good.

I'm playing PSIV currently. I like it a lot, but I haven't gotten very far... Need to level more so I can beat Juza.

...Again, since I'm using a ROM and the one I have is buggy and likes to freeze going into battles, and I accidentally overwrote my save state once when that happened. XD;;;

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

On 2005-03-10 21:28, Ian-KunX wrote:
    I'm playing PSIV currently. I like it a lot, but I haven't gotten very far... Need to level more so I can beat Juza.

...Again, since I'm using a ROM and the one I have is buggy and likes to freeze going into battles, and I accidentally overwrote my save state once when that happened. XD;;;
    Six hours of gameplay lost because it decided not to record save state that day! >_< But I just beat PS4 and the ending was really, IMO, more touching than the FF series.

On 2005-03-10 19:49, kutulu wrote:
    Then I finally got PS4 for my Genesis, and I love it to death. Definately my favorite of the series, and the battle against Dark Falz's multiple forms is so awesome.
    There's no single battle against "Dark Falz" with multiple forms in PSIV. You confront Dark Force 3 times in the game, in 3 different forms, and the mother of them all, The Profound Darkness at the end of the game, which has 3 forms, and the final dungeon, The Abyss includes "Prophallus" as a random encounter monster, which is more or less the original Dark Falz from the first Phantasy Star. PSO's terminology has spoiled you, my friend.

A common concept among the Phantasy Star community is that a "Dark Falz" is a young, underdeveloped "Dark Force".

Consider, Dark Force is not the end-all and be-all of Algol's evil entity. Dark Force is only a physical manifestation of the Profound Darkness's bitterness and hatred of the Great Light for imprisoning it in the Abyss.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

yes. right now i am playing Phantasy Star 2 and I am just about to finish Green Dam, the last of the dams i have to do. unfortunately, it's all a redo, i've been through most of this before, but i lost my save so... restart. and in PS2 restarting takes a very long time.

PS3 i am at the cusp of one of the endings, the other save is being used for one of the branches.

PS4 have a save towards the last few dungeons.

PS1 left it somewhere in Dezolis.

wanna finish PS2 before the rest though.
    "Do you still think I'm scrumptious?" -- Rimururu, Samurai Showdown 4

On 2005-03-12 01:24, opaopajr wrote:
    wanna finish PS2 before the rest though.
    I hope you did you leveling on the Blastoids in Climatrol. That's your best opportunity to do some heavy leveling. PS2 is the hardest of the series by far, due to the massive leveling requirement. You've chosen the hardest of the series to finish first.

It's also my favorite.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016